Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just recently the TaB 12 packs here have changed over to the new "big can" look, but the mello yello ones still are not... i am wondering if tab is actually outselling mello yello, or if the woodmans here just has bad stock rotation

Rob,
    I'll be shopping at the Kenosha Woodman's this Saturday morning. I'll double check the TAB and MY fridge packs. TAB and MY do not sell well so I would not be surprise if the MY is older stock.

Zabe
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

This coming from a loyal (maybe the only) TAB drinker, Tab has no equal, it is unique. Mello Yello on the other hand just can't compete with Dew. By your nickname, I would assume you used to prefer Surge, I think MY is in for the same fate.

oh yes i perfered surge... and yeah, i really think with dew out there and with the intro of vault, mello yello doesnt stand a fighting chance in hell, lol

Originally posted by NRGSLLR:
    This coming from a loyal (maybe the only) TAB drinker, Tab has no equal, it is unique. Mello Yello on the other hand just can't compete with Dew. By your nickname, I would assume you used to prefer Surge, I think MY is in for the same fate.
    i actually tried a TaB last year, and... initially, it tasted pretty good (a lot like coke zero, to me), but, THEN... that saccharin after taste kicked in and... that's what ruined it for me.

would you be totally upset if coke made TaB its splenda drink?

TaB has a lot of nostalgic value as a brand to a lot of babyboomer women, and... an update with splenda may breath new life into its sales... and rescue the brand from oblivion.

from what i understand, the CEO of coke switched from TaB to Coke Zero last year... which can't be good news for TaB.
    banned

I saw 3 facings of MY fridge packs at Woodman's and 2 facings of TAB fridge packs. I saw cases of the new sprite design and cases of Vault. The Sprite cases(24ct) looked awesome. Very appealing. Coca Cola did a great job with the new Sprite design.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Down here in NC where I live, I've seen several new-style Mello Yello 12-packs.

The Sprite Zero 24 pack is also very sharp looking, a big improvement over the last version.

I realize that "Diet Sprite Zero" was just a transitional name, but it still sounded so stupid.

People are already asking if Sprite Zero is a new drink.

here on our sprite zero 20 oz bottles, it says "same great taste!"

it will be interesting to see if sprite's sales surge (er, vault) this year because of the new design and "cool" ads.
    banned