Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just found the new powerade option at a grocery store last night in three flavors: Lemon, Strawberry, and Black Cherry. I got a 32 oz for 79 cents, but then I tried the black cherry and I think it tastes just like propel. It was still too sweet for me for a sports drink. Anyone have any comments on it.

I have yet to see in Chicago.

I'm going to Woodman's in Wisconsin tomorrow.
    They are a big Sport Aid store.I bet they have it.
    Thanks for the heads up. If it is on sale for .79 I will buy a nice supply.

[ 07-15-2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo Guest

75 cents for a bottle of Powerade Option! Wow!, here in Mexico a 600 ml (a little bit more than 20 oz.) bottle of Powerade costs 90 cents or even a buck

[ 07-28-2005, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

32 oz Option for $.79 -- wow that's cheap! Was it on shelf in your grocery store, or was it in an ice barrel or cooler door? I'm curious to hear if it was shelved with Sports Drinks or specialty waters like Propel and Vitaminwater. From the video that Ramonazo showed us months ago -- it said it was a "sports drink", but actually looked like Gatorade's Propel. Thanks for the update -- I'm on the look out here in Chicago as well.

I did not like the strawberry, tasted too 'diet'.

Well, it was just in a little section next to all the sodas and stuff. Just on the shelves with no propel or any other kind of water around it. It does look alot like propel except the different bottle and logo of course, but it also tasted somewhat like it too. I thought it was sweeter but thats just my opinion.

Squeeze tops suck.

SEV

Option is still pretty hard to find on a consistent basis, most likely because it hasn't been cut into (or paid to be cut into) the sports drinks or water sections. 32oz is 90¢ at Super Wally here.. 83¢ for 20oz.

I think the lemon flavor is the best of the three. The strawberry is too strong.

where i live powerade in 32oz is on sale for 2 for a dollar almost every week. if it is not on sale it is 79cents.

thank god. they are just trying to blow away gatorade on price, which is fine, because i don't mind powerade.

gatorade's ahead of powerade on packages, i just saw fridgepack 12oz bottles.
    woot woot