Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tried C2 today

I snuck a C2 off the Coke delivery and gave it a try. Not bad. A bit sweeter the reg Coke and has a slight after taste. I'll be a regular customer if the price is the same as other Coke products.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I don't understand why everyone is all "C2 and Edge will fail!". I see a huge market for them-- all those people (me included) who don't want all the calories of regular, but aren't in love with diet flavor. Can't wait to try C2-- glad to hear it tastes good.

I found some C2 last night at a local grocery store (not actually looking for C2, but getting glass Coke). People were giving me funny looks (I had 2 20oz. bottles of C2, a C2 8-pack, and 2 glass 6-packs of Coke).
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

Just tried a 20 0z C2. Not a bad taste at all, just a little weak, and lacking the "kick" aftertaste of a sugared cola. Nice looking bottle too. Wouldn't mind seeing this one succeed given all the soda I drink.
    Drink responsibly....drink soda!

I tried it today too, I give it a 4.3 out of 5.

The graphics look good too.

It's pretty good; it tastes like part Coke, part Diet Coke, and part Pepsi. Hey, that sounds familiar; New Coke is back!

Who is this product for????

People that want to consume only a little HFCS ???

Diet drinkers will stay where they are and crap sugar drinkers will continue to drink full crap sugar products!

A total waste of effort and money!

Dear Coke

Smarten up and make a COKE ULTRA and make it with REAL CANE SUGAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a large line of people to buy at the stores!

Make your product better!!!!

i agree that the c2 lacks a kick, but otherwise it's alright. i think splenda is deliberately mild, as aspartame et al have a bite to them
    woot woot

I have to say C2 is a marketing nightmare. People have seen me be pro-Coke but Pepsi's got the right idea on this one. They're using Splenda and they're using normal sizes and prices. Coke will have to go back to the drawing board if they want this to not be New Coke all over again.

As for the concept, I don't see it going over either. They're really pushing the 1/2 the carbs thing, and that's not going to do anything for the Atkins people, considering it still has 20 carbs, which is twice what most Atkins-esque meals have. Unless it tastes exactly like a regular, then it has no hope. If there's a diet aftertaste, then why consume something with 80 calories per 12 oz. than something w/0? This can work, it just has to be done so perfectly that no large corporation is going to do it right.