Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C2 vs. Edge

After finding C2 and Edge at a local gas station yesterday I decided to buy a few of each and have a "taste off". Both are avalible in 20oz, C2 is also avalible in 8 packs (fridge packs) and Pepsi in unpackaged 6 packs which are very rare around here. To my surprise they are both fairly good representations of their full calorie companions. Granted they are not flawless. I found C2 to contain a bit of an aspertame aftertaste. Edge on the other hand lacked the bite of the regular. As a whole I think people who like Coke will prefer C2 and those who drink Pepsi will enjoy Edge. How they will fare in the future is to be seen but I think more use of alternative sweeteners such as splenda could have lowered the calorie count further with little eddect on taste. I really wish Coke would drop the aspartame.

These are my observations I'm interested in what others think.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

This is how I would describe the 2 also. I'm drinking a Pepsi Edge now and it results in tremendous burps.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Pepsi Edge I give a 4.5 out of 5 for taste.
    Coke C2 I give a 4.3 out of 5 for taste.
    I agree C2 has a bit of a aspertame (NutraSweet) after taste to it.

The graphics/logo's on both products are nice.
    Pepsi and Coke could have used different names though from the one's they chose.

I am finding an inconsistency in taste for C2. I had a 20oz produced by Silver Spring (SS) today, and I did taste the aspartame aftertaste. I hadn't noticed it in cans from Baltimore (BT) or 20oz from Nacogdoches (NT).

We are running the 8pks at $2.99 pretty much everywhere at this point.

Edge is the better of the two. Also C2's prices suck. No wonder Coke is using 8 and 18 packs, makes it harder for the consumer to figure out they are paying more.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Edge all the way!

C2 is here in Indy, PepsiAmericas has not released Edge here yet. I won't even try one because I don't need to. It looks like CCE is producing the 8-Packs cans here (HO) and 18-Packs in Cincinnati (CN).

Pepsi hasn't released Edge in south Texas yet but Coke was on the ball by releasing C2 last week. I tried a bottle over the weekend and was able to finish it, which I can't usually do with straight diet sodas. To me it has that Fresca effect where it tastes good for the first two or three seconds and then hits you with that diet taste. I couldn't see myself drinking this stuff on a regular basis but a bottle or can every now and then mihgt not hurt.

I didn't try it, but Coke has done a good job getting C2 out here. The cheapest I've seen is $2.79 for an 8 pack at a Wegman's. Most stores were $2.89-$2.99, one Safeway I saw was $3.29. The prices are terrible.

One Kmart I saw had 6 packs of Edge, but it was far and in between. I didn't try either for taste, but what I'm seeing is the initial demand is horribly low. Wal-Mart here got a whole pallet of 8 packs, and in a day, about 5 sold. No joke.

Fusion, do you know where code PB is? I think for some reason that's where our C2 8 packs are coming from. 20 oz. are coming from HG as they should.

I've never seen PB before.

The only P codes I can think of are PH (Philadelphia.. bottle line) and PT, which is Portales NM (Southwest Canners).

I assume the cans just say a member of CCB (or maybe CCE).