Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This summer I'm working at a Safeway as a cashier.

Being able to survey people's purchases, I often comment on their soda choices. When days are slow and no one's around, I often ask Diet Coke purchasers if they've tried Coke Zero, and of course they never have, what with Coke's horrible marketing of it. The public still has no idea what Coke Zero is or how its different.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody else has done any drink preaching of their own? All the time I'll try to get others to try other products that I think they'd like. Anyone?

if someone asks me what coke zero is, i usually say, "it's like diet coke, but tastes better."

i guess that's the one thing that coca-cola can't say in its ads.

as for your un-scientific polling... well, my experience has been the same. a lot of people have never heard of coke zero, or, if they have, they think it's the one with splenda in it.

i'm of the suspicion now that coca-cola wants people to think that.
    banned

DJHS,
    It must be a soda pop freak thing because I chat with people in the soda pop isle all the time. I usually approach them when they are selecting Gatorade.(Note,the Woodman's sports drink section is adjancent to the soda pop section.) I say, "gee have you tried the new Rain flavors?" Then if they are receptive I will comment on the soda pop in their cart.

I ask them questions that are related to a brand or a sweetner that they have selected. Most times we just chat sometimes, I offer a recommendation. It's interesting to hear their opinions.

I always ask the soda pop Big Three route man/women what they drink. It's a good opening question. LOL

[ 07-04-2006, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

I always ask the soda pop Big Three route man/women what they drink. It's a good opening question. LOL
    You're one of THOSE people??

[ 07-04-2006, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I am generally annoyed by cashiers who feel the need to comment on my purchases.

I agree. I'm even more annoyed when they start a conversation with the bag person and then check out my stuff is super slow motion. LOL I have had the notion to lean over and yell "Get your A$s in gear and put the pedal to the medal". LOL

[ 07-04-2006, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Originally posted by fusion:
    I am generally annoyed by cashiers who feel the need to comment on my purchases.
    me too! especially when they ask the obvious question, "is that good?"

well, obviously, if i'm buying it, i must think so!
    banned

I don't mind small talk about a product when a cashier or bagger asks about something or makes a comment on it. But they better know what they are getting themselves into. I may not shut up about it

So instead of a low talker (Seinfeld joke) your a long talker? LMAO

Hey fusion, yeah I don't comment on people's purchases often, because I understand how it can be annoying. As with Zabe, I keep my comments for the laid back and receptive customers.