Bevboard

Thread: Mirinda

i was at a Popeyes yesterday, and i went to the fountain, and along with all the other regular pepsi products, there was one called Mirinda Strawberry. I tried it and it was very good... i have never had it before, or heard of it... can someone shed some light on it for me?

Here in Mexico there's Mirinda Orange and Mirinda Orange-mango, but no Mirinda Strawberry...

Mirinda is Pepsi's worldwide brand of fruit flavored soft drinks. Think of its as Pepsi's Fanta.

It is sold here and there in the USA, primarially in heavily Mexican immigrant markets. Most people say that it is just repackaged Tropicana Twister in the USA. I have never tried it in the USA, but in Mexico, its nothing to write home about.

As the world becomes smaller, it seems illogical to have different brand names in different countries for esentually the same thing (Minute Maid - Fanta, Slice - Tropicanna Twister - Mirinda, etc).

Does Minute Maid sodas are still available? or there's just Fanta on U.S.?

Fanta is the brand that Coca-Cola uses for their flavored sodas worldwide... with the exception of Venezuela and Colombia... where there's no Fanta... only Hit in Venezuela and Crush in Colombia, but they have the same bottle and the same logo as Fanta.
    www.coca-cola.com.co Colombia
    www.coca-cola.com.ve Venezuela

Don't forget Tropical in El Salvador.

Right! I forgot that one!
    www.coca-cola.com.sv
    www.laconstancia.com

[ 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]