Bevboard

NEW ENGLAND LAUNCHES PACKAGING INNOVATION

March 28, 2003 edition

New Englanders were the first in the country to try out our GRABables signature contour bottle earlier this year. The 13.2-ounce bottles are designed to offer people the value of a 12-pack with conveniently sized contour bottles that can fit easily into a bag, briefcase or purse, and be resealed when needed. Coca-Cola GRABables appeal to the person who wants a beverage they can easily take on the go.

The new product was launched in six cities across New England: Bangor and Portland, Maine; Burlington, Vt.; Manchester, N.H.; and Cape Cod and Lowell, Mass.

Information from www.coke.com

This sounds like Coca-Cola Northern New England territory. Do you have a picture of these bottles? They sound interesting.

Sounds like an attempt to replace 12 pack cans. But anyways I don't think this will be something that will last too long for some reason, just like the slim cans wont last either.

If you go into the South, in Buffalo Rock territory, they actually sell 6 pack 12 ounce bottles of Pepsi products. They also have these freaky looking angle two liters, but I digress. They still sold 12 packs, though.

I think this is something along the lines of those "fun runners" from Pepsi. A multi-pack configuration of small bottles, but larger than a traditional six pack.

CCNNE always is rated the top Coca-Cola bottler, so I can see why they'd be willing to try something new. Maybe they're thinking it will be the next "Fridge Pack" (aka the next big thing).