Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was recently exploring an old abandoned house down the road for bottles. I came across these:

So, I dug out some of my Pepsi ones. The Pepsi bottles were still in glass when they started their way toward the 20 oz. bottles:

[ 07-07-2006, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: wonkapete ]

Awesome! thanks Pete!

When 20 oz. non-returnable bottles were a novelty that time... that remember me when here all the sodas were in half liter glass bottles with foam paper like the Pepsi ones...

I remember when those 20oz Pepsi bottles came out.
    I use to buy them at my favorite convience store.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I remember when they came out. About 1990/1991ish. Coke in St Louis still had glass bottles, with the old styrafoam lables. They labled it as %20 more for free! Those were the days when it was like 89cents or so for a bottle. Thanks for sharing the picutres.

Yeah,Chicago had them priced around 89 cents a bottle which was a good price as 12oz cans were selling around 55 to 60 cents.

[ 07-07-2006, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

yeah, there are up to 1.29 now. But that's not to much of a leap from 15 years ago. However, the price of canned soda has remained the same. I can still find it in many places at .50c to 60c, or out front of Wal Mart for like 45c. and there is even a liqor store that has soda machine that the sell it fo 25c. (And I am talking about Coke/Pepsi/DrP7up products) So it amazes me that the price really has not changed, and if you account for inflation and new techonlogies, and the dreaded HFCS, the price has been stable. Now, if we could only run our cars on soda, the world would be a better place.

i was in the woods yesterday, and being the soda freak i am, i was staring at the ground, looking for old cans/bottles, and i came across an old, tattered, sun faded mountain dew label, with the same logo as above, that had a yellow band going across the top saying, "new BIG 20 oz Plastic botle!" on it...

I remember the BIG, but wasnt that a 24oz that came out in 1992 time or so? I remember when I was in Elementary school, 4th grade back in 87-88, once in a great while my mom would give us a can of soda as a treat in our lunch...and thoes few times the cans were a promotional 16oz. size, man...I could never finish that whole thing.

Wasn't the Pepsi 20oz was called a Big Slam

the big slam was the 1L bottle. i believe the 20 oz bottle was called the quick slam.