Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Okie so its official this summer we will see Vanilla Pepsi. To me this is a bad move. It makes Pepsi look like a knockoff (which they are) and the concept of Vanilla just goes better with Coke. Coke is a mixer, Pepsi just isnt. What do u just think? Sink or swim?
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

sink. i believe i stated what you just wrote in the sprite ice post. this is a horrible idea.
    woot woot

I love Vanilla Coke, but also I prefer Coke anyday over Pepsi. Know Vanilla Pepsi will be a flop, Pepsi sucks period, and copying Coke isn't going to get them any attention. It's like w/Cherry Coke. Cherry Coke is quite good, and I think Wild Cherry Pepsi is disgusting.

I have to agree with you Avery, this is an awful idea. Maybe Pepsi thinks this is a "safe" move because the last time they tried to come up with an orginal soda using their name, it was blue and tasted like crap. They know that people generally accept Vanilla Coke and since they can't come up with a good, creative idea on their own...

It's to get the customers they lost that now drink Vanilla Coke back to buying there brand again. I would have went with something original that Coke doesn't have at all, like a Cinnamon Cola or something.

I don't think that it is a terrible idea. It does make them look like a cheap knockoff but what is worse; giving up a large amount of volume or making a knockoff drink and getting volume back?

The whole knockoff thing is a joke anyway. All the big companys rip off each others ideas. How many knockoff Mountain Dews and DrPeppers are on the market? Do any of the imitators actually think they are going to beat the original? No, but they do want to at least take a share of the original's volume either through small variations in the drink itself or brand loyalty(i.e. "Pepsi Drinkers" v "Coke Drinkers".

The Real Thing leads and The Immitator imitates.

PepsiCo is a potato chip company with a soft drink division.

Originally posted by SamC:
    The Real Thing leads and The Immitator imitates.

PepsiCo is a potato chip company with a soft drink division.
    So are you saying that Coke does not do their share of imitation? Sprite, Diet Coke w/ Lemon, Surge , Mellow Yellow(including a very original cherry version),and for my 2 cents Remix is a Twist on dnl.

Personally I can't stand Coke, too syrupy and it doesn't have nearly enough caffeine, but I do enjoy the occassional Vanilla Coke, they did stumble upon a good (albeit old) idea of Vanilla Cola, but I'm sure the Pepsi version will become my personal choice, just because Pepsi products, in general, have more caffeine than their coke counterparts.

Monkey see, monkey do. Gee whiz and Faygo Rock N Rye has been around forever.

Stop buying their crap... stop,stop! That's the only way to stop the vicious cycle!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!