Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone seen the new Olympic graphics for Coca-Cola Classic packages? I spotted the 2L today and they were done nicely. I believe a picture of a soccer player on one side, Olympic Rings, and they changed the dynamic ribbon to strings of rainbow colors. I can't wait to see the can.

[ 12-23-2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

The can is similar -- it has the dynamic ribbon with the strings of the Olympic ring colors around it. It looks really sharp.

The 12 pack wraps are pictured at

http://olympics.coke.com/enterCode.do

The cardboard appears to be stronger than usual, and they've redesigned the bucket end as well.

Fusion,

Perhaps you knonw, but are the cans for nation wide roll out?
    Also, why now for Torino? It's been a while since the last nation wide olympic can. (I saw Athens in the 8oz cans but only once and not even for Salt Lake City)

The cardboard appears to be stronger than usual, and they've redesigned the bucket end as well.
    Off topic but the cardboard in the 6x2 FM Pepsi 12 packs is about the strongest packaging I have seen on cans. I have been doing this type of work for 15 years or more and most every time a 12 pack dropped in the past even from a short fall, they would bust all over the place. The new 6x2 FMs I have knocked off the top of a full pallet and watched them bounce and come to rest unharmed. I think it is great. I do not know what kind of cardboard or glue they use but they have done the impossible so to speak. I know the original 6x2 FM Coke and 3x4 FM Pepsi came out with busted if you looked at them wrong while contemplating picking up to put on the shelf.

[ 12-24-2005, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

The Olympic promotion should be nationwide, so I would expect that the cans would be nationwide as well. It's not officially set to start for another week, so that's why the cans aren't out everywhere just yet.

i like it.
    banned

it's about time. the last olympic can design we got was in 1996 here.

ramonazo Guest

I like it, specially the rings around the wave, probably I'll find it in my trip to U.S. in two weeks!

spotted the olympic design on the 12 pack cartons but the cans inside were the regular ones. hopefully they will actually be on the cans as well.

Note that Coke Zero is included in the brands getting a design. It did not get a special Christmas design. At least in my area.