Bevboard

It may be a simple answer, maybe not. Why are all our sizes of beverages 8 oz, 12 oz, 16 oz, 20 oz, 24 oz, 32 oz, etc...but in water they are mainly sold in .5L 1L and 1.5L. Any reason we sell them in that size packages rather than the other traditional sizes? Especialy when they are so close...lets see a .5L is what, 16.9 oz. and 1L is 33. zomething oz.

That my friend is a question I have been asking for years to no avail other than a confused look of ignorance on the person asked face.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Good question.
    Just a thought, it appears "neater" to see 500ml instead of 16.9oz. In general Americans might think the 500ml size bottle has a greater value than a 16.9oz labeled bottle.

Marketing that caters to the average ignorance of the American public. LOL

[ 07-19-2006, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Here in Mexico is the same: water bottles are in 500 ml, 1 liter and 1.5 liter... except Ciel and E-pura that are available in 600 ml bottles instead of 500 ml bottles... and Bonafont is available also in a 750 ml sport cap bottle...

[ 07-19-2006, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

maybe it's because the bottled water thing really started overseas (in europe, mexico, etc), and, so, they were originally packaged for those markets... in metric.

but i'm just guessing.
    banned

and I forgot to mention the 20 liter jug (Ciel, Electropura, Aga and Bonafont), the 10 liter jug (Aguafiel) and the 5 liter jug (Ciel, E-pura and Bonafont)

because people are stupid and will pay $5 for a 12pk 12oz of water instead of buying a 24pk 16.9oz for the same price - i guess sometimes convience is worth getting totally ripped off
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

Maybe I'm missing something, but in my pantry I have Deer Park in 8 oz. bottles, 24 oz. sports bottles and a 1 gallon jug. On the other hand, I have the full line of Dad's sodas in 1L bottles and numerous 2L bottles of soda. Maybe Deer Park is different than others.
    With thousands of sodas available for the choosing, why drink just one or two?

treetoptom...no, there are many sizes of water that use simply the oz. as their size, and sizes of soda that use the metric system. But the most popular beverages use the oz., and the most popular waters use the metric...that is the puzzling part.