Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know why, out of all of Coke's flavored colas, the only one that says WITH on it is Lime, all the other ones are Coca-Cola Cherry, Diet Coke Vanilla, Diet Coke Cherry etc.
    ---AzRocks----

I dunno why coke had to change the (insert flavor) COKE, to Coca-Cola (insert flavor)

Just a hunch, but maybe this is supposed to imply that Coke w/ Lime is supposed to have just a hint of lime with Coke being the dominant flavor, whereas cherry is a more dominant flavor in Coke Cherry.

i think it's because, in restaurants, people would order a "coke with lime" (or "with lemon")... and so... they were trying to imitate the way people ordered it.

just as... when people ordered a "cherry coke" or "vanilla coke" at a soda fountain... that's just how they said it. not "coke with cherry."

see?
    banned

Yeah, that makes a little more sense than my theory, actually. In any case, there's definitely a reason for the distinction.

"I'd like a Coca-Cola Cherry please"
    I cant imagine anyone saying that.
    plus where I work (AMC Theatres) our cherry coke labels are still the jungle 98 ones (and i saw the sheet of labels sent to us a momth ago, all outdated labels!)

Nobody in the USA will ever call it a Coca-Cola cherry. I also think as I said a few weeks ago that the name Coca-Cola cherry makes it sound like there is only a hint of cherry flavor and Cherry Coke sounded like it was cherry flavored cola.

Originally posted by PepsiBlue:
    I work (AMC Theatres) our cherry coke labels are still the jungle 98 ones (and i saw the sheet of labels sent to us a momth ago, all outdated labels!)
    I can't imagine anyone wanting those labels! Cherry Coke's sales were at their lowest during the time those graphics were out and was revived a few years ago. I honestly think it had something to do with the graphics, and of course the way they marketed it.

Originally posted by popologist:
    i think it's because, in restaurants, people would order a "coke with lime" (or "with lemon")... and so... they were trying to imitate the way people ordered it.

just as... when people ordered a "cherry coke" or "vanilla coke" at a soda fountain... that's just how they said it. not "coke with cherry."

see?
    If that is the case, then why did they change the name from "Cherry Coke" to "Coca-Cola Cherry"???

Just my guess.

They changed the name to maintain brand uniformity with the other flavored coke brands.
    As well the name change reinforces a Coke Product and not a Cherry Coke product. It's more a subtle way to train Coke drinkers to think that Cherry,Lime and Lemon Cokes are the same value. Using different names for a fruit flavored drinks perhaps segments a market that Coke does not want to segment.

IMO [img]smile.gif[/img]