Bevboard

Thread: Fad or Trend?

In the year 2050 do you think the Energy Drink catagory will known as a fad or trend?

My guess(I will be six feet under by then)is that the big three will have become the big four Coke,Pepsi,Dr Peper and Red Bull. I would guess the energy drink catagory will be viewed as a fad like Rubik's cube and mood rings.

[ 12-29-2005, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo Guest

Like now: energy drinks as a fad, Diet drinks as a trend, sodas as a tradition... that's my forecast

[ 12-30-2005, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

My crystal ball says food and beverage products in general will be more healthy. CB predicts many trends and fads to come and go by then.
    banned

most likely, only a handful of energy drinks will still be around by 2050... and they'll probably be owned by coke or pepsi by then, too.

a lot of these things come and go in waves. one decade they're in decline, and the next they're "cool" again.

either way, i'll go out on a limb and predict that, both, coke and pepsi are still around in 2050.
    banned

i'd say energy drinks wont be a big thing by 2010 - people will get sick of paying $2.00 for a somewhat bad tasting drink. pepsi & coke will have a few - and redbull thats about it.
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

no way, in 4 years energy drinks will still be huge. the category is growing still, and will be for at least 2 more years. but you are saying in 4 years energy drinks won't be a big thing. also there is no way red bull will be the only independent energy drink around. monster will still be big.

[ 12-31-2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Super Jay ]

i have no clue i guess - thats just my 2 cents
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew