Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Two of my local grocery stores have quit carrying it. Any official word on the plug being pulled?

It was weird. Last weekend at Woodman's by the large Coca Cola end cap display was a two facing,9 tray high stack of Coke Blac. I do not know if it was older product or if that store has a captive Coke Blac audiance(fresh product).LOL I did do a double take when I saw this display. (The Coke Blac stack was on the way side of the display.)

[ 12-11-2006, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Take a pic Zabe! I took a pic of our local grocery with a 15 ft (or more) Sprite tree the other night.. it was quite impressive

I believe the end is near, at our local Smith's store (Kroger) they had Coke Blak singles on sale for 89 cents a bottle.
    Gummi Cola...the best candy ever. Soda and candy in one hit.

I like Coffee drinks, I wanted to like Coke Blak, I spit out my first swig, and because I wanted to like it so much I tried another small swig, but no go.

I do like the Godiva, and the Planet Java or whatever the name was wasn't too bad.

[ 12-12-2006, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

rackitup,
    I had the same experience. Coke Blac tasted like bitter stale espresso mildly carbonated. I too could not get past the first gulp. YECK

(FYI... I drank a good amount of non sweetened espresso during my colledge years. So I do like strong coffee.)

[ 12-12-2006, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I have a question... can I find at San Antonio single bottles of Coke Blak or I have to buy the whole 4-pack?

Acording to an insider in Atlanta they mentioned some changes are going to happen.

1.) Coca-Cola zero- is going to be re-released and the logo will change for 2007. (I had mentioned they planned this as far back as June). Starting next year the new graphics will be black with a silver dynamic ribbon. (according to what I read by another member they have been spotted but these were supposed to start in 2007 their local bottler sent them out a few weeks early.)

2.) Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla/Diet Coke Black Cherry Vanilla -will be discontinued in 2007 so stock up if you like it!

3.) Coca-Cola BlaK- will also be discontinued sometime in 2007 as well, some places earlier than others.

The bottom line is Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla and Coca-Cola BlaK sold very poorly, especially in the U.S. market.

there's a simple explanation (or two) for why coke blak, vanilla coke, black cherry vanilla coke, and coke with lime failed.

they all (according to most people) taste bad (artificial).

surely coke could've came up with something that tasted better than coke blak. i can imagine what a coke flavored coffee drink could taste like, and it wasn't coke blak.

same goes for vanilla coke. it just tasted so artificial and chemical-ly. bleh.

also, in the case of coke blak--it simply cost too much. you think they would've learned their lesson with C2. but i guess not.

i'd also add that, after the initial launch, coke all but abandons its new products. they did it with C2, Coke Blak & the list goes on and on.

only coke zero and vault have survived because... they're simply superior products. even so, both could be doing better if coke remembered how to market its own products.
    banned

I don't really think it was cost alone with Coke Blak. I think it was cost, and the size of the package. I'm sure a 20oz plastic bottle would have cost the same, if not cheaper. More for the money and cheaper! I thought Coke Blak was OK, but nothing I'm really going to miss or really care about anymore.

I really doubt it costs that much to make.