Bevboard

Thread: TX sodas

I had a friend just return from Texas and brought me these odd drinks:

I haven't tried any of them.

I've tried the Sangria Senorial before - it's pretty good - has just a hint of a strange aftertaste, but the grape flavor overall is very nice.
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

most all those are normal around OKC as well. I haven't seen the one in the middle yet. I think there is another flavor of the smaller ones as well.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I've never seen that green Sidral or the small bottles. The other three are pretty common - found in Food Lion or local Hispanic grocery stores.

There are "barrilltas" (sp?) in the small bottles as well as 2 liters in OKC also. same basic hispanic origin of flavors, tamarind etc.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

i have seen all of those except the tropi champan(sp?). although i have only seen the green apple sidral mundet once in a hispanic grocery store. i tried it, and it was good.

Topo Chico is great, Coca-Cola used to distributed here but after they switched to Ciel Mineralizada, now another company distributes Topo Chico here. But Topo Chico is still distributed by Coca-Cola in the north of Mexico.

Sangria Señorial is also great, what we drink most is the diet version: Sangria Señorial Light.

I've never seen that green Sidral Mundet too, here there's only the regular one.

And what brings me memories of my childhood are that glass bottles of Chaparritas el Naranjo, my brother and I used to drink one everytime we saw it on the stores, all the flavors were my favorites...

Chaparritas el Naranjo no tienen comparación... POING!

[ 12-13-2006, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

I had the one in the middle (tropi Champan)last week it was verry refreshing.
    It kinda tasted like orange and bubblegum.