Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where do you live, and who controls it? (Pepsi, Coke, DPSU)? I'm trying to figure out just how Dr Pepper is distributed across the country. You can find quite a difference in this region.

MD

Garrett County - Pepsi (Oakland)
    Allegany County - Pepsi (Cumberland)
    Washington County - DPSU (Hagerstown)
    Frederick County - DPSU (Frederick)
    Montgomery County - Pepsi (DC Metro)
    Prince George's County - Pepsi (DC Metro)
    Baltimore County - Pepsi (Baltimore Metro)
    Anne Arundel County - Pepsi (Annapolis)
    Howard County - Pepsi (Baltimore Metro)

WV

Jefferson County - DPSU (Charles Town)
    Berkeley County - DPSU (Martinsburg)
    Morgan County - DPSU (Berkeley Springs)
    Hampshire County - DPSU (Romney)
    Hardy County - Pepsi (Moorefield)
    Mineral County - Pepsi (Keyser)
    Monongalia County - DPSU (Morgantown)
    Taylor County - DPSU (Fairmont)
    Harrison County - DPSU (Clarksburg)
    Ohio County - Coke (Wheeling)
    Randolph County - Coke (Elkins)

PA

Allegheny County - Coke (Pittsburgh)
    Fayette County - Coke (Uniontown/PIT Metro)
    Westmoreland County - Coke (Greensburg/PIT Metro)
    Butler County - Coke (Butler/PIT Metro)
    Washington County - Coke (Washington/PIT Metro)
    Somerset County - Pepsi (Somerset)
    Cambria County - Pepsi (Johnstown)
    Blair County - Pepsi (Altoona)
    Bedford County - Pepsi (Bedford)
    Franklin County - DPSU (Chambersburg)
    Cumberland County - Pepsi (Harrisburg Metro)
    Dauphin County - Pepsi (Harrisburg)
    York County - Pepsi (York)
    Adams County - Pepsi (Gettysburg)
    Lancaster County - Pepsi (Lancaster)

VA

Frederick County - DPSU (Winchester)
    Clarke County - DPSU (Berryville)
    Loudoun County - DPSU (Dulles Airport/DC Metro)
    Warren County - DPSU (Front Royal)
    Shenandoah County - DPSU (Luray Caverns area)
    Rockingham County - DPSU (Harrisonburg)
    Augusta County - DPSU (Staunton)
    Albemarle County - Pepsi (Charlottesville)
    Fairfax County - Pepsi (DC Metro)
    Arlington County - Pepsi (DC Metro)
    Prince William County - Pepsi (DC Metro)

Well....this is my region....now what about yours?

In Indiana it is a Pepsi product throughout the whole state. Various Pepsi Americas bottlers and Wis-Pak cover DR Pepper here.

Northern Delaware, southern New Jersey, Philadelphia metro -- Philadelphia Coke

Southern Delaware, southeastern Maryland -- Pepsi Salisbury (two branches)

Northeastern Maryland (just two counties) -- indie Pepsi in Havre De Grace

Northern New Jersey, NYC Metro -- Coke NY (CCE NY)

Chester County PA, Lehigh Valley PA (Allentown/Bethlehem) -- Abarta Coke

old Herbco in northeastern PA (Poconos, Reading areas) - CCE

Southern WV:

Cabell, Wayne, Putnam, Kanawha: Pepsi
    Boone, Raleigh, Wyoming, Fayette: DPSU

I thought I'd add there is a difference between the Northeastern PA and Reading old Herbco territory, and the Westcentral territory of the old Herbco in Altoona, Johnstown, Indiana, and State Colllege (and Williamsport as well I believe). They never had the rights to Dr Pepper, and never had Pibb either.

My question is did the Northeastern and Reading areas also have Sunkist, Squirt, Welch's, and Canada Dry? These were present in the western Herbco. Last I saw Squirt became Mello Yello (which was already there, now with a greater presence), Sunkist became Fanta, Welch's is gone (didn't see Fanta Grape - saw Welch's w/RC), and Canada Dry remained a Coke product in this region as of January 2003, the last time I was there.

I thought I'd add there is a difference between the Northeastern PA and Reading old Herbco territory, and the Westcentral territory of the old Herbco in Altoona, Johnstown, Indiana, and State Colllege (and Williamsport as well I believe). They never had the rights to Dr Pepper, and never had Pibb either.

My question is did the Northeastern and Reading areas also have Sunkist, Squirt, Welch's, and Canada Dry? These were present in the western Herbco. Last I saw Squirt became Mello Yello (which was already there, now with a greater presence), Sunkist became Fanta, Welch's is gone (didn't see Fanta Grape - saw Welch's w/RC), and Canada Dry remained a Coke product in this region as of January 2003, the last time I was there.

michigan: metro detroit tri county area serviced by cce out of detroit, madison heights and maybe auburn hills and pontiac all have dr pepper. i'm not sure of "downriver" area of detroit, specifically more towards ohio on I-75 but i think for a fair distance around detroit (say 60 miles) it's cce controlled.

the rest of the lower peninsula is controlled by dpsu (formerly brooks beverage).

since i haven't been to the upper peninsula since i became a pop fanatic, i wouldn't know.

i am curious though.
    woot woot

Where I live its Coke (CCE). Southeast over the border in Northeast Pennsylvania is independents ( Crystal Water Soda Co and Davis Beverage). Northwest in the Buffalo area its Pepsi. Erie, Pa is Pepsi. Over the border from Erie in Ohio its Pepsi Americas. Just south of me in Pa it is Pepsi.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

So Cleveland has Dr Pepper Pepsi controlled? I was wondering about Cleveland particularly. Erie then is the largest city in PA where it's not under Coke control (Pittsburgh, Philly, Allentown all are)

Replying to an old post...

Northeastern PA old Herbco had Squirt, Welch's, and Sunkist. I am almost certain they had Seagram's, because I remember they bought their cube-style 24 packs from Mid-Atlantic Canners.

They also had Barq's and Dr Pepper. I know we have a poster who works for Crystal on here.. I think they had/have Canada Dry. They benefitted greatly when CCE dropped the DPSU brands for Coke brands.

I used to live in New Jersey, and I would head out to NE PA every once in a while.. I've even been to their Pittston office, to redeem a prize I had won. They used to bottle there before CCE took over, now all 2 liters are trucked in from CCE NY territory. Some cans come from Baltimore, some from NY, some from Twinsburg. We had to get some cans from the Reading office for this holiday weekend, and they had originally come from Elmsford NY.

Harrisburg is a large city, and you've stated that Dr Pepper is under Pepsi control there. I'm guessing it's the largest PA city that's non Coke controlled when it comes to DP.