Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Around here Dr Pepper 20oz come in the standard boring "swirl" bottle used for all Pepsi products.
    However I seem to recall seeing it in a much more attractive "angle" bottle elsewhere.
    Is this done where Coke makes Dr Pepper? I have heard rumors that Coke Dr Pepper is better tasting, too...
    What if a CS bottler makes Dr Pepper, do they use the "splash" bottle?

Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
    Around here Dr Pepper 20oz come in the standard boring "swirl" bottle used for all Pepsi products.
    However I seem to recall seeing it in a much more attractive "angle" bottle elsewhere.
    Is this done where Coke makes Dr Pepper? I have heard rumors that Coke Dr Pepper is better tasting, too...
    Here in Mexico, Dr. Pepper tastes great and equal as the american one... but the bottle is even more boring and here the new label haven't arrived yet... what I wonder is if now Dr. Pepper has the new bottle with the DP inside the oval like the one in the website...

BTW... I'm listening right now Cities 97 from your city... Great station!

[ 12-19-2006, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Cities 97 is indeed a Twin Cities radio gem!

Cities 97 is not that great, then again it's just not really my style of music.

Ramon it's werid that you happen to be listening to a local station from my city as well.

Originally posted by jblaviback:
    Cities 97 is not that great, then again it's just not really my style of music.

Ramon it's werid that you happen to be listening to a local station from my city as well.
    One day I was searching for american radio stations with live streaming and I found Cities 97, and I love it because here I can listen all my favorite bands and singers: Dave Matthews Band, Sting, U2, Train, Goo Goo Dolls, David Gray, Keane, John Mayer, Jack Johnson ... and new bands and singers that are becoming my favorites by hearing them on Cities 97: Death Cab for Cutie, Amos Lee, The Fray, Gomez, Augustana, Matt Kearney, etc.

And this great music unfortunately I can't hear it in the radio stations from here...

I noticed in Portland OR. Pepsi bottles Dr P in 20 oz. swirl bottles too.

I saw the angle bottle in LA the other day and wondered the same thing as you.

you are right on all of that, but i dont know if Coke bottled dr pepper tastes better, as i have not had any. and CS bottlers used to run the "splash" bottles on dr pepper, but now they use the ones you can see on the dr pepper website, that more closely resemble angle bottles, but not fully, and have round "dp" logos imprinted on them.

Where Pepsi bottles the product, they just put it in a Pepsi bottle, like every other product.

Where Coke bottles the product, they use the official "Dr Pepper bottle" which is a replica of what Dr Pepper came in when bottles were glass returnables.

Where a third tier bottler bottles the product they use whatever they use. I have seen various generic bottles for third tier products.

And, IMHO, third tier and Coke bottled Pepsi does taste better. Pepsi bottlers have never cared about quality control.

My two cents. By me DrP is bottled by the local CS bottler. Their 500ml bottle is round on the bottom and top with a design type relief pattern. The body of the bottle is slightly narrower and round with a lable. I like this bottle as it appears to cool down faster and is easy to hold.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by SamC:
    Pepsi bottlers have never cared about quality control.
    I don't know about that! Pepsi and Coke bottlers strive for the highest quality standards and must meet very high standards as well. It would be the CS bottlers I would worry about in regard to quality control.
    banned