Bevboard

Does anyone out there know what has happened to Diet and/or Cherry RC? Both used to be widely available throughout the NC Piedmont, but I've not seen either one in quite a while.

Also, I read on these boards a while back about a Diet Rite Cherry Cola that was available in some markets, but I've yet to see it anywhere in NC or VA. Is it any good?

i have seen diet rc up in madison, wisconsin. i have never seen cherry rc, but it sounds good. and i havent tried the cherry cola one.

Cherry RC can be found in south Mississippi at Piggly Wiggly, but I have yet to find it at any other stores. Diet RC is pretty plentiful and can even be found at Wal-Mart.

RC Winchester (Virginia) makes Diet Rite Cherry Cola. It's pretty good, but also really sweet.

I found Diet RC and Cherry RC in various parts of Kentucky and Tennessee.

Diet RC used to be available almost everywhere around the Triad, but about 2 years ago, it disappeared from most grocery store shelves. It was still available in 2L bottles at the local Wal-Mart stores until the summer of 2005, but then they stopped selling it as well.

Cherry RC was around 5 or 6 years ago (my wife really liked it), but it was not widely available.

I'd really like to try the Diet Rite Cherry Cola.

"Cheerwine" is what happened to cherry RC.

When RC products were distributed separately from Cheerwine in the piedmont, RC cherry was available.

After Carolina Beverage/Piedmont Cheerwine acquired the rights for the Nehi/RC products, they had no interest in distributing another cherry soda that would compete with Cheerwine. Exit RC cherry.

Diet RC did not sell well in the piedmont and was pulled to make space for other brands. IIRC, RC Asheville still distributes it in western NC.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

No diet RC or Cherry RC in western nc.

We have diet rite cherry cola, although it isn't as widely distributed as other flavors.

Diet RC I've seen very rarely. But I have seen it, which means ABC does make it.