Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke Plus?

Once again the so called Brains at Coca Cola have developed another lame twist to Diet Coke.

I have at least 8 strong points in my mind at how this new brand will fail. It boggles my mind how Coca Cola,inlight of their vast R&D resources, can go to market with a brand that has so many potential ways to fail and perhaps damage it's flagship diet soft drink,Diet Coke.

[ 12-28-2006, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

i agree, zabe.

7up plus was intended to be the same, with more calcium, and as far as i know, it failed, with it being pretty much 100 percent gone, not even woodmans, which if you dont know has a HUGE soda section, carrying it.

I don't think coke knows what they want to do with their diet soda.

I mean... they are still pushing Diet Coke like crazy when there's Coke Zero which is much superior. I guess they really want to get Diet Coke in the 4th posisition or something?

I just like how one of the stories says...

"No, this isn't going to be like the disaster that was "New Coke" in the 1980s."

They are correct, cause its going to be the disaster of 2007 lol. 7up plus is all but gone from stores and its not becuase some people didn't enjoy the taste but becuase they didn't agree with the concept, a healthy or better for you soda... they switched to water and flavored waters to get a variety... helloooo glaceau vitaminwater!

Excellent point.

Diet Coke with or without a "weak" vitamin/mineral profile
    would never be misconstrued as a "healthy" soda pop.

[ 12-28-2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

The marketing "geniuses" at Coke who gave us C2 and Diet Coke with Splenda proably came up with this gem. They should have gone the energy drink route and give us a Coke Zero "Jolt" version with more caffeine.

Making any cola "healthy" is a stupid idea - its like trying to make twinkies or donuts health food. And if Plus is priced high like C2 was it will never sell.

Instead of really promoting Coke Zero more and making sweeter tasting diet sodas, they keep flogging the old horse thats basically had the same formula since 1981 with more gimmicks.

[ 12-28-2006, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Originally posted by DrPepperYummy:
    I just like how one of the stories says...

"No, this isn't going to be like the disaster that was "New Coke" in the 1980s."

They are correct, cause its going to be the disaster of 2007 lol. 7up plus is all but gone from stores and its not becuase some people didn't enjoy the taste but becuase they didn't agree with the concept, a healthy or better for you soda... they switched to water and flavored waters to get a variety... helloooo glaceau vitaminwater!
    I don't like when people compare recent soda flops to New Coke. The reason why New Coke was such a huge disaster was because it directly replaced a highly successful product. No unsuccessful line extensions can compete with that. If anything, they should be compared to Crystal Pepsi.

Originally posted by billygtexas:
    The marketing "geniuses" at Coke who gave us C2 and Diet Coke with Splenda proably came up with this gem. They should have gone the energy drink route and give us a Coke Zero "Jolt" version with more caffeine.
    Well it was actually Walmart that brought you coke with splenda... they "encouraged" coke to do it or else... they are also responsible for what was it, slice with splenda from pepsi?

Originally posted by DrPepperYummy:
    Well it was actually Walmart that brought you coke with splenda... they "encouraged" coke to do it or else... they are also responsible for what was it, slice with splenda from pepsi?
    That they pushed for Diet Coke with Splenda or Slice One (nasty stuff) doesn't surprise me.

It's well known that Wal-Mart pushes manufacturers to make custom or cheaper products for them that wind up hurting the manufacturers profits in the long run. (Some US-Based companies have had to shut down plants here and go overseas to make cheaper products just to get Wal-Mart to sell them (Levi's)... OK back to soda discussion)

Wal-Mart has a deal with Cott, why don't they get them to make Splendazed Sam's colas?