Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upper 10

Herculon Guest

What has become of Upper 10. One person told me was gone and someone else told me it was still in the triarc portfolio allthough most bottlers don't carry it anymore. Who's right?

If Upper 10 is what I think it is, an isotonic. That item was put out to pasture to rot.
    Correct me if I am wrong and will gladly admit my error. But I have been all over the country (US and Canada) and havent seen it in a VERY long time.
    Later.

Kola_Nut Guest

Upper Ten is a Lemon Lime CSD. It is still in the TriArc (RCCI) lineup and is currently produced in Chicago, IL and Columbus, GA (maybe some other places as well but that is all that I can think of right off of the top of my head). The truth is that with those facilities that hold both Cadbury and RC franchises 7up tends to win out over Upper Ten.

It's a good product, if you see some give it a try.

dr pepperman Guest

It was in an RC vending machine in Sayre Pa until last week when the machine was replaced by a Lipton tea one.

I saw cans of it produced by RC Winchester a few weeks ago. This little store isn't heavily traveled upon and has a lot of obscure stuff. I don't know how old they were, but RC Winchester has produced 7Up for a while, as in its trade area, most of it has been away from Pepsi for a while.

It is still produced by All-American Bottling Company from their Louisville production facility. They have it in all sizes. I also have seen it produced by Royal Crown Cola Bottling Company, Main Office, Chicago, IL, but have only seen it in 2L bottles.

Just to update this topic I saw it in Chicago over the weekend in 20oz, Gourmet Pantry @ Michigan & Lake.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

I saw it (or at least the label for it) on a RC Fountain in Newcastle, OK a couple of weeks ago.

Upper 10 is found in the Upstate NY region for awhile now in 12oz cans in a pizza shop, so it must be produced.
    Seano

It is still around, but I'd say for the most part it's heading nowhere, considering RC is now DPSU, and they already have a big brand in 7Up. In any case, 7Up is going to outsell Upper 10.