Bevboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Picked up a 12pk of cans today.

First impression: Tastes kinda like...Pepsi? Ok, not entirely like Pepsi, but it's a little Pepsi-esqe. More sweet and less of a bite than regular Diet Coke.

I think Coke's going to confuse more consumers by having too many varieties of their diet/reduced calorie sodas. C'mon - "Diet Coke", Diet Coke "with Splenda" Then there's "C2", and "Coke Zero" is still forthcoming, right?

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

ramonazo Guest

Yeah, there's a huge extension of Coke low-cal products, and many people here think that the confusion will be increased with the launching of Diet Coke with splenda, but I think that Coca-Cola does this to give a chance to a group of people who can't drink regular Diet Coke: Phenylketonurics.

[ 05-01-2005, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

I see by your profile you are located in Atlanta. I assume that this is the first place for the nationwide roll out.

Personally, I think that Diet Coke With Splenda will slowly replace Diet Coke with whatever as regular Diet Coke in a very short term.

C2 is, as predicted, a failure and will go away. Coke Zero is for hard core Coke lovers, as it will, I believe, really taste like Coke, not New "Coke" like Diet Coke does.

Has anyone else seen this around where they live? I just picked up a 12pk (Hiller's in Ann Arbor) of Pepsi Lime. And I acutally really enjoyed it!

It's been showing up in single serve 20 oz bottles & single serve 12 oz bottles in various locations around Milwaukee. I haven't seen it yet in multipacks. It's quite an improvement over the original Diet Coke in my opinion.

[ 05-02-2005, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: tekelberry ]

I'm going to try and stear clear of this stuff. Splenda gives me cramps and makes me feel really bloated. A lot of people get various side effects from it.
    Go Cats!

It's my favorite new diet pop. It will be replacing my Pepsi One when it gets in 2-liters.

Taste's absolutely nothing like Pepsi. The Coke spice is very prominent in the flavor. Coke is sweeter than Pepsi. This does have the Splenda sweetness as with Pepsi One. The spice lingers with the sweetness which makes a really good after taste.

I taste's more like Diet Coca Cola than regular Diet Coke does.

[ 05-03-2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: ecliptic ]

I can't wait to try them both.
    woot woot

I'm not a diet pop drinker, but I agree with those who think there are too many diet cokes out now. Whenever I go into a gas station or convienient store looking for something to drink, I have a hard time finding it because they fill up a whole refigerator or two with all four or five versions of diet coke they have. That's way too many and it makes things inconvienient for people who are looking for something else. They need to get rid of some of these. There is no reason, that I know of, to have so many versions of the same drink.