Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry if this is retread.

Anyone notice the change in the DVC labels? They reduced the amount of cream color in the background, made "Diet Coke" prominent, and "Vanilla" is less noticable.

My wife could barely find it on the store shelf. She thought they were all Diet Cokes. I guess Coke is trying to strengthen the Diet Coke brand because of the addition of Lime, but I feel like they're weakening the DVC brand. Let alone, I wonder how many people won't notice the variations now. If my wife had to hunt for it, how many people will notice it and try it because it's different if they can't tell it's different?

Dustin Staiger<br />The People Brand<br /><a href=\"http://www.thepeoplebrand.com/blog\" target=\"_blank\">www.thepeoplebrand.com/blog</a>

ramonazo Guest

Mmm... I think that the bottle of Diet Coke vanilla is from United Kingdom or Australia or another country. Because the bottle is too tall, the "D" from the "Diet" word has a different shape. and in the US the wave in the Diet Coke extension products like lime and lemon is different too.

By the way... I miss Coca-Cola vainilla here.

[ 05-02-2005, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

The bottle may be from elsewhere, but the colors and text are similar to what we bought here. I couldn't find an image of the new design on the web. I'll upload a photo soon.
    Dustin Staiger<br />The People Brand<br /><a href=\"http://www.thepeoplebrand.com/blog\" target=\"_blank\">www.thepeoplebrand.com/blog</a>

Diet Vanilla Coke is becoming a very weak brand. I guess they felt they needed to do something to align the brand with the rest of the Diet Coke portfolio. I never liked the graphics, personally.

Diet Cherry Coke has also been relabeled. It's now Diet Coke Cherry.

Also, if you notice, they slightly changed the Diet Coke w/ Lime graphics. They strenghened the green color, and the dynamic ribbon is also less... fuzzy? I can't think of a word to describe it.

I wish Coke would update www.dietcoke.com with the new graphics.. and include the new Diet Coke with Splenda as well.

I understand the idea of aligning the brands, but what is to gain from making it nearly invisible from the other Diet Coke flavors?

Honestly, I'm not a big Diet Coke fan. I have found though that I love Diet Coke Vanilla and Diet Coke Lime. I tried Vanilla because I used to order Cherry Vanilla Dr. Peppers from Sonic Drive In restaurants. I tried Lime because a waiter got my order wrong (I ordered water and he brought me DC with a lime?) and I thought, "What the hey?" So, I did not try either of them because of an affinity for Diet Coke.

Seems to me that the only converts they will get with this strategy are converts from original Diet Coke. Wouldn't it be better if they targeted Diet Coke "virgins"?

Originally posted by fusion:
    Also, if you notice, they slightly changed the Diet Coke w/ Lime graphics. They strenghened the green color, and the dynamic ribbon is also less... fuzzy? I can't think of a word to describe it.
    Wow...excellent catch. I just compared the graphics and you are exactly right. Looks like Diet Coke with Lime has adopted the Coke with Lime version of the dynamic ribbon (overall more green, with less of the black/white/gray streaks in the ribbon).

I really like the Diet Vanilla Coke. My only complaint is, that I'd like the Vanilla flavour to be a little more prominant.

Originally posted by brandman:
    I understand the idea of aligning the brands, but what is to gain from making it nearly invisible from the other Diet Coke flavors?

I don't really think it's invisible from the other brands. Each label has its' own uniqueness. Though I do think when the change happens it will catch people off guard, since they will be looking for the old label.

Coke is going to be revamping a lot of the labels this year. Diet Coke with Lime, Cherry, and Vanilla. Minute Maid Lemonade, Punch, and the other noncarb MM flavors will get a bigger logo, and the beverage being poured in the background of the label will disappear. Diet Nestea Cool will lose the snowman look.

[ 05-04-2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Originally posted by fusion:
    Coke is going to be revamping a lot of the labels this year. Diet Coke with Lime, Cherry, and Vanilla.
    Any advance description or pics of the new Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke labels?

The Vanilla design will be similar to the European picture posted above, and the Cherry will also be like that but with dark red colors.