Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50.7 oz. Coke?

My buddy just brought me back this bottle from Arkansas. You guys ever seen the 50.7 oz??

Thanks for the pic, Pete!

It's a 1.5 liter bottle, I've already seen it in McAllen, TX and San Antonio, TX, there were a lot of Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite in 1.5 liter and few 1 liter bottles...

Here in Aguascalientes there's also Coke in 1.5 liter bottles but it isn't available in all the grocery stores...

[ 04-19-2006, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

MrR,
    The sad thing, I would still drink the whole bottle in one short sitting. [img]smile.gif[/img] Is this size a popular C-Store item or it is a grocery store item that competes in price with the 2 ltrs?
    You would think 2 lts would still be a better value?
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    Is this size a popular C-Store item or it is a grocery store item that competes in price with the 2 ltrs?
    In my area, these bottles are available in supermarkets, often in place of 2-liters.

Though, I have never seen it here in these parts, They are quite common in other lands.

I remember fondly when I live for a time in Australia, 1.5 litre coke bottles. They go great with rum! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    MrR,
    The sad thing, I would still drink the whole bottle in one short sitting. [img]smile.gif[/img] Is this size a popular C-Store item or it is a grocery store item that competes in price with the 2 ltrs?
    You would think 2 lts would still be a better value?
    It's true... 1.5 liters and 2 liters compete in price... a 1.5 liter Coke costs $10 pesos (one buck) while a 2 liter Coke costs $12 pesos (1.2 dollars)... 2 liter for many people is better cause you have more soda for less money... but 2 liter bottles are losing appeal here after the release of the 2.5 liter bottles even in some cities the 2 liter bottles were discontinued...

IMO, there should just be 12 oz cans, and 8 oz, 16 oz, 1 liter, 2 liter, and maybe 3 liter bottles. All these crazy sizes are getting out of hand.

The NYC metro market sells 1.5 liter as their main large bottle package.

I also saw them in Arkansas, at one c-store/gas station. Code was NW. Still no idea where that is, but I suspect it's in Texas.

i drink a 1.5 liter of coke zero at work every night during the week. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    banned

It's a great deal! You now get 1.5 liters of soda for the price of what a 2 liter bottle cost in the past. Typical soft-drink industry thinking.
    Drink responsibly....drink soda!