Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Price increases

Warning all soda pop freaks!!!!

The retail prices for all sizes and quantities have increased. I had a good deal of sticker shock this morning. I was the shopper who could be heard all the way in the produce section, moaning with bill fold pain. LOL

I will not go into detail about each price. They were something in the range of 4 to 6 percent higher. Sorry for not giving details. I hope Rob the surge man can chime in as we shop at the same chain store in Wisconsin.

I bet the whole country will have increases in prices. LOL I brought 8pk 12oz Pepsi.....I felt so dirty. LOL Today was my Black Saturday of soda pop freakdom. LOL

[ 01-06-2007, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

1.39 for a 20 oz is very hard to swallow indeed.
    I only buy 20 oz from the machine at my work ($1) or a major chain always has cadbury products for 99 cents...

SODA? INCREASED? nooooooo! i havent been to woodmans in a couple of days, but i will have to check this out... hopefully its not too much more, hopefully...

Soda's really expensive here, so an increase really won't make much of a difference to me.

It's $1.25 for a 20oz Pepsi/Mt. Dew at the college vending machine -- which I buy from all the time, lol. And I bought a Code Red 20oz at work tonight, and it was a $1.55 with tax.

20oz's have been more than $1.39 for a long time. Now, if you can get a 1-liter (small selection locally) it's not much more than a 20oz bottle. 20-cents more, if that. Some of the A&W products are $1.70-something with Tax, 20oz.

In the UK, the average price of a 2litre bottle of Coke is £1.45 which is around $2.79, a 500ml bottle is 89p which is $1.70.

What is 20oz? is it similar to 500ml?

__nothing really matters, love is all we need__

Here is a really cool and useful website that you can use to convert US to UK fluid measurements.

Measuments Conversions

20 oz. is about 591 mL so that would make it a little bigger than what you have in the UK. Here it depends on where you go, but 20 oz.'s at C-Stores avg. about $1.25 That is how much they cost at Vending machines at my college too, and sometimes at C-Stores they are $1.39 and sometimes you can get them for $.99 it really just depends on where you go and whether or not they are on sale or something.

I had some sticker shock today when I was trying to get extra displays for an ad coming up... to find out I was competing against 3/10.68 12packs and 2/7.00 12packs... needless to say at 3/8.88 I didn't even have to beg this time for extra display space... I just can't believe the prices I saw out there for the next couple weeks ahead.

I always buy on sale. If its not on sale I don't need it. Seriously.

That's a given. The weekly sale prices which have pretty much not changed in a while have started to creap up. LOL I have not paid regular shelf prices for soda pop in a long,long time.

Most of us soda pop freaks try and save our pennies. [img]smile.gif[/img]