Bevboard

Thread: Powerade Option

ramonazo Guest

Coca-Cola is going to launch a new low-cal flavored water called Powerade Option and is going to compete with Gatorade's Propel active water

more info here:
    http://announce.coca-cola.com

and here:
    http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...n%22&hl=es]web

[ 05-12-2005, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

I'm embarrassed. LOL
    As a long time Gatorade drinker; I have drunken it since it was launched in the early 70's LOL,
    I have yet to try Gatorade's Propel active water.

I just can get past the weird shape of the bottle.LOL

What does it taste like? Is it strong or light flavored? Is it worth approximately $1.85 a bottle or so?

Thanks for your help,
    Zabe

I think Propel is too sweet in my opinion.

If I want water, I'll just get a bottle of volvic or evian. (yeah, I'm a fancypants)
    Anita

I see Propel going on sale at Albertson's different banners for 10/$10 a lot of the time. I wouldn't pay $1.85 for it. It is also relatively cheap at Wally World.. They have it in 32oz,20oz and 12oz as well.

Yeah propel isn't worth $1.85. I don't think it's very flavorful, and its way too sweet to be water. If you are gonna drink flavored water, I say drink Clearly Canadian. Man, I haven't had that stuff in a long time. I don't even know if they still make it or not.

I watched that Powerade video posted by ramonazo -- what does everyone think? I was a little offended by the violence when they were shooting the gators (presumably representing Gatorade). I wonder if that was a "fire up the salesforce" type of video. Where did you find it? As to Powerade Option -- I think it is pretty cool; however, I love my Propel. Has anyone tried the new melon flavor?! Awesome!

LOL
    woot woot

ramonazo Guest

And talking about flavored waters, Coca-Cola in Mexico is going to launch "Ciel Aquarius" flavored water in lemon flavor.

I see that Coca-Cola Mexico has now the trend to use the names of existing international brands for the mexican brand extensions (Citra, Aquarius)