Bevboard

Hi im new but have been visiting this wonderful place for awhile..anyway ive always wondered this...why does coke or any other soda taste better at a fountain rather then out of a can/plastic bottle...and why does coke taste better in a plastic bottle rather then in a can? please discuss

[ 01-11-2007, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: FountainCokeAddict ]
    <a href=\"http://www.retrosoda.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.retrosoda.com/</a> go there to order great classic soda in bottles!

i like coke from almost anywhere, be it can, bottle, or fountain (if properly maintained), but i almost perfer fountain as well, mainly because some resturants use fresh clean water with a heavy suryp-to-water ratio, but not too heavy, that makes the perfect glass. just my opinion

I've noticed that Jarritos flavors in glass taste much better that in plastic.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
    i like coke from almost anywhere, be it can, bottle, or fountain (if properly maintained)
    Me too... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Hacksaw:
    I've noticed that Jarritos flavors in glass taste much better that in plastic.
    Me too...

Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
    i like coke from almost anywhere, be it can, bottle, or fountain (if properly maintained), but i almost perfer fountain as well, mainly because some resturants use fresh clean water with a heavy suryp-to-water ratio, but not too heavy, that makes the perfect glass. just my opinion
    "almost anywhere" is right, if you visit Oregon don't bother trying the Coke from the fountain @ Regal Cinema's.
    Every single theatre I have bee to has the weirdest tasting Coke, the only resembleance to real Coke is the Color, it does not even taste like Cola.
    And the worst part is you have to pay $5.00 for it.

I have found that Dr Pepper fountain is weak in sugar so I add some cane sugar @ the place I buy it @.

Originally posted by FountainCokeAddict:
    Hi im new but have been visiting this wonderful place for awhile..anyway ive always wondered this...why does coke or any other soda taste better at a fountain rather then out of a can/plastic bottle...and why does coke taste better in a plastic bottle rather then in a can? please discuss
    Have you ever had Siera Mist from the Fountain?

I do not like the tast of Siera Mist from the Fountain at all.