Bevboard

Some observations from my last few trips to the Raleigh/Durham area:

No more 10oz deli bottles in Durham Coke territory; looks like they have been replaced by 13.2oz PET bought from CCBCC Snyder or Bishopville.

Diet Mello Yello is gone from Coke Sanford territory. In its place I see Vault/Vault Zero. Regular Mello Yello still available. I believe this marks the end of diet Mello Yello produced in NC.

8oz glass Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite from Coke Sanford is still available. I bought some Dr Pepper and Sprite with May ’07 dates at a c-store in Pittsboro yesterday.

PBV-Garner test marketed Sunkist Cherry Limeade last summer but it did not gain a permanent place in their sets. Their Sunkist lineup remains grape, strawberry, orange, diet orange in fridgepacks, 20oz and 2L’s.

Long Beverage, the 3rd tier distributor in the Raleigh area, has NuGrape, Crush orange, A&W root beer/cream soda, Sundrop regular/diet, Cheerwine, Diet Rite, 7Up, Canada Dry, RC, Tahitian Treat, Welch’s strawberry. Their product comes from Choice USA and Independent Beverage.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

The 10 oz. deli bottles are the glass ones without contour shape.

Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
    The 10 oz. deli bottles are the glass ones without contour shape.
    Yea, and they are fatter.

The loss of Diet MY is a pretty big surprise. Not a gooed sign for the brand. I'm amazed they axed it this early. No matter regular MY isnt going anywhere.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

CCE has expanded Diet Mello Yello around here. It is now all over Southern Indiana and the Louisville, KY area. It was previously only in the Evansville, IN area.

Diet MY was somewhat of an oddity here anyway - Coke Sanford needed something to compete against Diet MD, and it never sold very well.

CCBCC never bothered with Diet MY but pushed diet Sundrop instead in the markets where it has Sundrop rights.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer-wined View Post
    Some observations from my last few trips to the Raleigh/Durham area

8oz glass Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite from Coke Sanford is still available. I bought some Dr Pepper and Sprite with May ’07 dates at a c-store in Pittsboro yesterday.

Does Sanford still have 8oz Dr Pepper? The above code dates found in January 2007 are the same code dates I found in September of 2006. I had a hard time finding Dr Peppper in Sanford a that time.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I thought the 13.2oz bottles were just test market, are they a replacement in some area for glass deli?

Actually, they were to be a replacement for single cans in cold vaults - a package to keep the store from breaking open 12oz can or bottle packaging and selling them loose.

We were supposed to get the 13.2s at one point, but they never caught on, so we never got them.