Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When is Mountain Dew Electrocution going to be released?

Please let Me Know!!!!

Haven't heard anything yet from the plant where I work but I'll tell you when I hear word from here in NY.

I don't know when it is coming out, but it better hurry. I was told it was coming out over Easter weekend which was almost two months ago. I started looking for it and never found it. I even talked to a guy who worked for Pepsi and he hadn't even heard of the stuff. Two months of looking for it and still haven't found any. I'm tired of waiting. I want to taste something new!

Maybe its just not going to come out
    I Love Soda!

This is me and my silly theroies, but maybe it failed the taste testing panel or something.
    Anita

I just cant get excited about new dew flavors anymore.I think they have run there course.

Once again I'm just giving my arm chair idea of how Mt Dew is being managed. I could be so far off the wall, I may look like a complete fool.LOL

My thought is that the new generation of Mt Dew flavors were not meant to be a destination but a way to boost original Mt Dew. let's face it for all of us long time drinkers, there is nothing like the taste of original Mt Dew.

The new flavors are not "engineered" to create a new Mt Dew flavor that in anyway matches the original Mt. Dew. My only guess is that Mt Dew wanted to expand their store facings to gain more market share on the margin and draw attention to original Mt Dew.

Just my two cents. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    By the way I had a bottle of Jarrito Pineapple
    at my local fruit market. YUM....it was very tasty and the carbonation was good too.

Well maybe that is true, but I drink livewire more than original Mt. Dew. I used to drink alot of pitch black too when they made it. If electrocution didn't make it through test marketing, don't you think we would have heard by now? Also, maybe you are right that they decided not to even try it out, but I don't think you can tell people about a new flavor that you will be creating, and decide not to even try. I just can't figure it out. It's fine if they decided not to try electrocution out. I just want to hear something about it.

The last two Dew flavors, Pitch Black and Baja Blast also departed from the traditional Dew formula, and didn't include concentrated orange juice in them.

And bringing out new Dew flavors isn't going to give Pepsi more facings in the stores --- they'll have to cut facings from their other brands to fit them in.

I still wish they made Baja Blast in bottle/can. I'd buy it.

Baja Blast was pretty bad in my mind
    I Love Soda!