Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LiveWire bottles still say "summer 2003", its no longer summer.. When is this going to be stopped? or will they just keep on producing it?

anyone have any idea?

At the beginning of summer, it was all over my area. Now it's virtually impossible to find here. It's definitely out of production in north Texas.

My local Shur Fine just ran out of LiveWire last week

But, there are also a lot of rumors going around that Pepsi is going to bring it back at some point.

[ 09-24-2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: karks88 ]

i heard those rumors. they can't keep it out because the f.d.a. won't let them because they put summer 2003 on the label. so they have to wait until all of that product is gone, then reintroduce it as a permanent product with no "summer 2003" on the label. i guess it would be considered false advertisement to say something was limited edition and then not, i guess nobody went after sobe when they put limited edition on their lizard blizzards and then proceded to produce ten billion of those crappy things.
    woot woot

Found a couple 12 packs of MtDew Livewire and picked them up.. Looks like its starting to be hard to find, outside of 20 oz bottles which I've seen a bit of.

If anyone needs some 2 litres or 20 oz's, lemme know!

-Jim

It was a promotion / test to tell the consumers it was a summer product. Although anyone I talked to said it tasted like regular orange soda, or orange slice.

Maybe they will reintroduce it, maybe not but I know it did not get the fan fare Code Red did.

2 liters and cans are gone around here, only 20oz are still being delivered.

Around here, it's getting increasingly harder to find but is not completely gone. I'm pretty sure the bottlers stopped producing the stuff on Labor Day but there are still unbought bottles floating around.

Maybe we're in the minority but it's still all over Western MD. 20 oz., 2L, 12 pack, basically all sizes.

Must be over stock there, or maybe nobody is buying it so there keeping it there till it expires. Mountain Dew Blue Shock is a seasonal thing at 7-11. Wait till you go to the dollar stores or the stores in the bad areas you'll see lots of expired stuff repackaged, or the date is removed.