Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

At my local Sam's Club I was surprised to see Coke Zero on thier self-serve soda fountains! Tasted great on crushed ice. I hope Coke continues to aggressivly promote Coke Zero at fast food places (hopefully Sonic Drive-in!) and more resturants.

As far as I've seen here... I think you're the first one to see Coke zero on fountain in this board... [img]smile.gif[/img]

And it's strange that Sam's would have it. My Sam's doesnt sell Zero in bottles or cans. Hopefully with Zero gaining in popularity they will soon.

i kind of get the feeling that coke doesn't want to make coke zero TOO AVAILABLE, because they're afraid it will cut into diet coke's sales.

i mean, there's this great supermarket by my apt in NYC, and they'll stock coke zero at the beginning of the week, and are always sold out by the weekend... but don't restock... until monday. so they're missing all those weekend sales.

it's frustrating!

on the other hand, at another, smaller (mostly latin) grocery by my place, they've been stocking as much coke zero as diet coke... maybe even more. and it's often picked over.

perhaps "zero" translates better in spanish than english.
    banned

My guess is that it's probably two different salespeople. And maybe that supermarket doesn't get enough deliveries, or the Coke Zero is really popular and empties out quickly. Have you ever asked if there's any more in the backroom?

Originally posted by billygtexas:
    And it's strange that Sam's would have it. My Sam's doesnt sell Zero in bottles or cans. Hopefully with Zero gaining in popularity they will soon.
    we'll know when zero has "arrived" when it's offered at mcdonald's.

they could start in large, metro areas like NYC, where diet coke already outsells classic... so there'd actually be room in the market for zero.

we'll see. zero is still a new product (not even a year old yet), and it's doing pretty well.

if, in five years, it's doing 3% market share (half of diet pepsi's 6%), i'd then say that it's a huge success.

time will tell.
    banned

Originally posted by popologist:
    We'll know when zero has "arrived" when it's offered at mcdonald's.
    At most of the McDonalds in East Texas they have Diet Dr Pepper on thier self-serve fountains now. Chick Fil-A and Whataburger also have it. I've never saw it on a fountain until last year. Dont know if its just here in "Dr. Pepper Country" or nationwide now.

[ 04-30-2006, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Originally posted by billygtexas:
    At most of the McDonalds in East Texas they have Diet Dr Pepper on thier self-serve fountains now. Chick Fil-A and Whataburger also have it. I've never saw it on a fountain until last year. Dont know if its just here in "Dr. Pepper Country" or nationwide now.
    Here in my corner of northwest Alabama, Diet Dr Pepper is in the fountains at most McDonald's. I'm not sure how long it has been offered, but in the last few years we have had three new McDonald's built in my town, and all three carry it. I have never seen it in any other restaurants, though.
    Be smooth!

dr pepper is the best-selling soda in TX (the only state where it leads) and is popular throughout the south. so, it only makes sense that diet dr pepper would be an option as well (especially since it tastes so good).

however, i'm surprised coke would accept competition for diet coke from another company on one of its fountains.

as for us yankees... i've read that diet coke has been the #1 soda in NYC for quite some time, so... there actually would be room for coke zero up here. my coke machine at work actually has more slots for diet coke than regular coke. so, there you have it.
    banned

I dont know if thats sad or good that they have more stock of diet Coke than regular Coke.