Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The pepsi bottling company is revamping slice again and clearing shelf space to do so in quiet Oklahoma. Green apple, strawberry, watermelom etc.. sound familiar? What the hell are the people at Pepsi smoking these days.

are you serious???

I'd buy a Green Apple drink in a second.

Green Apple? Watermelon? That sounds sweet!

Which bottler is this? I doubt it's PBG.

Dumb move...Slice already died once in most places...the only places it lives on is where they didn't get a hold of Crush or Sunkist. It's not a very popular brand, and it will probably fail.

I take it that since you live in Oklahoma, Great Plains Coke is the bottler there for Coke. Are they strong in Fanta? If so, do they do a lot of different flavors? If so, that's probably why Pepsi is doing it, a Fanta retaliation.

I doubt Slice will bring any flavors here, Fanta is terribly weak here in the Mid-Atlantic. Central won't even touch it, CCE Eastern Great Lakes does Orange and Grape only and only for Wal-Marts it seems, Consolidated in WV can't sell it but for .50 a 20 oz. bottle, and only certain stores seem to carry it for CCE Mid-Atlantic. Only places I've ever seen it in CCE Mid-Atlantic territory are Kmart, Circuit City, and Food Lion, then it's still only Orange, Grape, and Strawberry.

Circuit City?
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Originally posted by teamtitan512:
    Which bottler is this? I doubt it's PBG.

I take it that since you live in Oklahoma, Great Plains Coke is the bottler there for Coke. Are they strong in Fanta? If so, do they do a lot of different flavors? If so, that's probably why Pepsi is doing it, a Fanta retaliation.
    Pepsi is PBG in most of Oklahoma. Fanta does fairly well in OK, since they even sold the long-lost Apple Fanta until the FP conversion..

If someone can get me some names and addresses of stores who have these flavours, I'll get 'em in my possession.

I live in Oklahoma City, and haven't seen anything yet. Although, shelf space is freeing up as Pepsi Blue is disappearing. As a far Fanta is concerned, it does relatively well. However, there is basically no competition for it. Welch's, Squirt, and Sunkist are often shut out of stores as they 7up/RC. I haven't seen an Orange Slice in forever. Crush isn't in Oklahoma City either. Maybe they were encouraged with Livewire, but I wouldn't say we're a hotbed for fruit flavored sodas.

Orange Slice is in every single grocery syore in Moore, OK. don't guess you go into grocery stores though Chris since you havn't seen it. Also I know nothing of PBG bringing back Slice to compete with Fanta..then again I am usually one of the last to know...
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Circuit City now has Coke coolers in all their stores. The ones in CCE Mid-Atlantic are loaded w/Fanta. Other areas they have MM Lemonade, Nestea Cool, or Mello Yello, or something else. Fanta doesn't sell real well. The brand really has tanked everywhere it seems but the Southwest, around Texas and Oklahoma.