Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check out blog heavyweights Andrew Sullivan ( link )

Jonah Goldberg ( link )

Jonah again ( link )

Matthew Yglesias ( link )

Kind of cool to see these people duke it out.

[ 05-03-2006, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Bevorama ]

those are great!

thanks.

i'm going to email them to my brother. [img]smile.gif[/img]

ps--coke zero is 10x better than diet coke. don't know why anyone is still drinking that "swill." LOL.
    banned

Coke Zero definitely needs some more positive mainstream attention.

I'd wager to say the only reason it isn't more popular is because not enough people have tried it.

i think coke is being a little cautious. i mean, after 20 years, diet coke is finally about to overtake pepsi as the #2 soda... and then... boom! coke zero starts to cannibalize diet coke's strides forward.

but... i agree... zero's success depends on people actually trying it... AND... being able to find it when they want it (i still have trouble finding it in the sizes i want sometimes... often, actually).

anyway... i just read an australian article about how coke zero is expected to overtake diet coke in FIVE years... in australia. that's how well it's doing there.

here's the link:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business/...335787382.html
    banned

Originally posted by popologist:
    i think coke is being a little cautious. i mean, after 20 years, diet coke is finally about to overtake pepsi as the #2 soda... and then... boom! coke zero starts to cannibalize diet coke's strides forward.

but... i agree... zero's success depends on people actually trying it... AND... being able to find it when they want it (i still have trouble finding it in the sizes i want sometimes... often, actually).

anyway... i just read an australian article about how coke zero is expected to overtake diet coke in FIVE years... in australia. that's how well it's doing there.

here's the link:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business/...335787382.html
    Why would Coke care that people who once drink Diet Coke are now drinking Coke Zero? It's still all driving the bottom line. And when you have a product so great, push it, no matter what the consequences.

Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
    Coke Zero definitely needs some more positive mainstream attention.

I'd wager to say the only reason it isn't more popular is because not enough people have tried it.
    I think a nation-wide "free taste test" may be in order. Advertise on high-traffic programs like American Idol and CSI, say you'll give anyone who walks into the designate grocery store or whatever a free can of Coke Zero...I think that'd really get the word out there and you'd make a lot of lifetime Coke Zero drinkers who may otherwise have never tried it. I myself never tried it until, by word of mouth, I was told it was extremely good, which it was.

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the two.

Coke Zero tastes like Coca-Cola.

Diet Coke tastes like crap.

That's the difference

Diet Coke is actually the diet version of 'new Coke' whereas Coke Zero is the Diet Version of Coca Cola Classic

THe problem with Zero has never been the product- which is top notch- the real issue is that Coke owns the diet soda market. DC is oupasing Diet Pepsi yearly as well and so that gap is only growing. In essence Zero is a solution looking for a problem- atleast a this point. Splitting DC drinkers dilutes the brand and forces Coke to have to market, and maintain two seperate lines. Lets not forget that Coke must literally have thousands of bottles of champaign in the freezer awaiting the time the DC overtakes Pepsi. Still all indications are that Coke will continue to expand the brand and that it will grow incrementally. The key to Zero is that it can attract Pepsi drinkers and men- so far I think they need to play more heavily to those markets cuz thats where the money is- otherwise Zero will only grow to the detriment of DC. Coke knows they have a winner though and you wouldnt believe the amount of jokes I have heard comparing Zero to PepsiOne- One sells half as well as Zero at best and Pepsi has literally dumped 5-10x the amount of money on One with no success-
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>