Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ABA Sugar Fee POP

This has nothing to do with school kids cutting back on sugar;it's all about the Big Three Soda Pop company's bottom line.

Is caffeine soda pop not going to be sold as well?

Now for sure the next generation of young adult/adult soda pop drinkers will make the diet soda pop catagory number one over the sugar colas. You got to give the Big Three credit, they basically turned water into wine.

[ 05-03-2006, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I can see this argument. However, they had to pull all of the soda machine out of the elementery schools. Do you think this will have an effect on total consumption for sodas in that age group? After all if you get the kids while they are younger to start drinking healthier choices then they are more apt to follow that trend as they get older. Hence, they will drink less soda over all as they get older, even sugar free versions.
    As for the bottom line: I do think that the push behind this is with a clear and decisive want to get children to make better lifestyle choices due to increases in child hood obesity, diabetes, and other ailments that go with sedentary high fat, high sugar diets.
    Just another point of view.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I think it's a great idea.

When I was in high school, none of the vending machines had soda, but they had juice and the machines where pepsi machines.

I always found it very odd.

It will just hurt school sales. If this happens to my school I'll just pack a drink from now on. I won't drink any healthier. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Instead of sneaking a smoke in the men's room,there will be a bunch of guys sucking down illicit sugar pop. LOL

There will also be kids selling sugar soda pop out of their lockers for $1.50 a can.

Big lesson: Take stuff away from a kid and they will find a way to get what they want. Kid's are way smarter then adults think they are. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, I think kids will still be allowed to bring their own. If they can't do that then it seems a little messed up to me.

"Nutritious" beverages can be really really good anyway. Although, most juices have more calories than soda.

Here's what I think:
    1) There is no need for student access to pop machines in the elementary and intermediate schools.
    2) Middle and high schools need to go back to 12 ounce cans (instead of 20 ounce bottles).

Plus, I'm not sure if a lot of diet pop is good for kids and the fruit juices have just as much sweetners and calories as the pop!

here, one of my relatives on my mothers side, whom is 13, said today that they were taking all the pepsi and mountain dew and all out of the machines in the lobby, and putting it in the trash... then after the person left, about 20 kids rushed the dumpster and ran off with 3-4 cans of pop...

That's sweet. LOL Like I said kids are smart. LOL