Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rumor has it that Major US Soft drink companies are looking at Mid Calorie entrants to the US Market. I think they exist internationally. What does anyone know about this market and the potential here in the US

Pepsi just announced Pepsi Edge, which will be out in late summer.

Pepsi gets edge over Coke with new product plans

Pepsi-Cola North America to Launch 'Pepsi Edge'

one-part Pepsi
    one-part Diet Pepsi

What an original idea!!!

sounds...crappy!

Crappy is right! I used to have a friend that would order Diet Coke at burger joints and then have them top off the drink with "an inch of regular Coke" to try and add some flavor to the drink. I think he was just fooling himself if he thought it did anything for the flavor. It was probably barely tolerable with Coke, I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with Pepsi products.

YUCK thats all im saying

when Coke talked about the Mid Calorie Cola everyone was all for it.

Coke is going to be doing the same thing this year or next year.

Actually, wouldn't that be one part Pepsi, one part Diet Rite? It's made with Splenda, not Aspartame.

Well, I may be alone here, but I think this product is a good idea and I am looking forward to it. I always mix 2/3 Diet Coke and 1/3 Coke at Subway and the Coke taste definietely shines through. And since Pepsi Edge will be made with suclarose that only means it will taste even better.

Pepsi Edge is made with HFCS and Spelda but will still have about 20 Carbs in it. I think it will be a total BOMB. Again, Pepsi just doesn't get it. Make a great tasting product with No Calories, No Sugar, and NO CARBS. I was just at the Bar and Beverage show in Vegas and there was one drink at the show advertising NO SUGAR, No Calories and NO CARBS and they stole the show. EVERYONE was walking around with pink paw prints on. In this day and age you do not need to drink HFCS those days are over Splenda and real cane sugar or don't bother....your just making better garbage if you use HFCS and we all know it.