Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

No wonder the retailer is saying 'enough is enough' there are at least 20+ different energy drinks on the market now. I would be curious to see the Nielsens now and see the rankings of 1 to 100 with distribution, sales, projected volume, etc...

Just a thought and something to add to the board.

Later.

Yeah, but the store owners are just as much to blame as the distributors. The distributors all want a part of the energy drink busines. Who wouldn't, costs them $15-$19 a case, and sell it for $29-$32 a case, thats some good profit. Stores all see Red Bull flying off the shelfs, and think if they buy more and more drinks they will make more and more money. Since all these knock offs are buy 1 get 3 free, once the retailer sells through that crap, yeah, hell make a good profit, but his money could be better spent on other, faster moving items. I just helped reset 3 7-11 stores last week. Boxed up and sent back all energy drinks except Red Bull, Sobe Adrenaline rush (or AMP, depending on the store) and Bawls, thats the only high caffeine items that store carries, why can't more stores be like that.

I have a copy of the latest Neilsens (since I work for them)...Red Bull is outselling Coke 20 oz. (yes, it is the #1 bev in convenience stores OVERALL) in almost every major market including Miami, LA, San Fran, Chicago, New York, and gaining on them in Atlanta (Coke's backyard???) and many more. The others show up on the radar screen in new age but no one else can compete with the overall beverage category. Just amazing, who would have thought...the others that have staying power are KMX, Adrenaline Rush, maybe AMP and Rock Star, and Ciclon in some of the Caribbean, but the numbers show the rest are pretty weak, depending on what region you are in. I have to say, I like the new Starbucks double expresso shot and cream. WOW.

CICLON , WAIT AND SEE!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Who woke him up?
    If there\'s anything more important than my ego running around I want it caught and shot now.

Hey Puck... maybe 'cause it's near Easter and his last supper wasn't kosher for Passover, he somehow resurrected himself. Perhaps someone poured out a bad energy drink where he was buried and he self-exhumed! Is that even possible? I'm not a doctor and I don't even play one on TV. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night Danny?
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Now that was funny [img]smile.gif[/img]

I saw that Ciclon crap in a store. How cheesey does that package look. Why can't people see past the Red Bull pay cheeck. You know all these companies look at their rip off little can and say, ours tastes better, and looks better, lets take over the market. Thats not how it works. If it did, Bawls would be the number one drink, not Red Bull, or Coke, or Pepsi, or Bud. Why do you keep comming out with more and more me too drinks to flood the market, then pay a crap load of money for slotting fees, only to make it harder for the good drinks to get into the stores. Everyone knows you will be out of the market within the next 6 months. Don't bother us with your crap.

I see Ciclon is going to be sponsoring a car in the Nascar Busch Grand National Series.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12