Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Went into VA yesterday, and that area is just very interesting in what its offerings are. This is in the Woodstock, VA area, around Exit 283 off I-81 in Shenandoah County. This is Pepsi Shenandoah Country, and their lineup is about as messed up as one might imagine.

Pepsi and all its extensions
    7Up, Diet 7Up, Cherry 7Up, Diet Cherry 7Up, dnL
    Mr. Green (STILL!)
    Pepsi Blue (STILL! - tons of it too)
    Cheerwine (in splash bottles of DPSU's)
    Diet Cheerwine
    NuGrape
    Slice Orange
    Sun Drop
    Country Time Lemonade and Pink Lemonade
    Mug
    Schweppes

Everything product-wise was from CPG or from PBG.

Then here's where things get even more interesting, third-tier I figured was RC Winchester. Apparently not. Dr Pepper and Mountain Dew had PBG caps on them, not RC Winchester caps.

RC, A&W, Sunkist, Welch's, and Canada Dry were from RC Winchester. I haven't seen Sunny Delight in forever and they had it there. No Sierra Mist anywhere. Can't say that was a bad thing.

Tried finding the exact bottler name out at a Food Lion, and all I found was Dr Pepper Bottling Company and Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company...big help.

Only one I found out was the one I already knew. Coke was Central, and has their typical lineup.

Makes me proud to know I live in Virginia in the summers....We also have here(Chesterfield, 10 miles south of the city of Richmond)

Northern Neck Ginger ale
    Old Dominion Root Beer
    The Switch
    Pepsi Blue
    Shibby Soda
    Tea Time! It\'s Tea time....<br /><br />Carbonated Tea.

Almost makes me want to shell out the $495 for the Soft Drink Atlas, just to see who the actual bottlers are.

There is a Dr Pepper bottling company in Verona VA. Maybe it's them?

Thing is it makes no sense why the Mt Dew and Dr Pepper have PBG caps. I guess I was expecting RC Winchester caps like their friends to the north. I think Pepsi is Pepsi Shenandoah there, which explains a lot of the freaky stuff (one of the few interesting Pepsi places in these parts...PBG owns the Mid-Atlantic).

That 100 mile long strip of Virginia along I-81 is probably one of the most screwed up areas for soft drinks in the country in terms of distribution, and in terms of still no corporate bottlers possessing territory. Only PBG does some of the Northern part of that territory, like Winchester.

soft drink atlas? please explain?!
    woot woot

Soft Drink Atlas

Check out that link.

I wonder if Dr Wells is still around the I-81 corridor? I found some about 2-3 years ago in a gas station further south of Woddstock. It was bottled by Pepsi. I did not find any within the last year when traveling that route.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Probably not, considering Pepsi there has Mr. Green now, even as of last week. I did see some Canfield's stuff further south along with Dr. Brown's stuff around Harrisonburg and Staunton.

from what I could tell in Winchester territory, they only do their own Mt Dew and DP in cans. Even in Winchester itself, the 20 oz. bottles of DP are from PBG and are nasty tasting. And, btw, NO Red Fusion to be found Last time I was there they had it in every soda machine and cooler:

From April 2003:

Most 20 oz. I see in Winchester when I'm there say Royal Crown Bottling Co. Winchester, VA. They don't use the splash bottle of DPSU, but use Pepsi's swirl bottle, so they do sometimes get some bottles off Pepsi bottlers, usually PBG, but I've seen some PepsiAmericas ones as well.