Bevboard

Does anybody know if SURGE ever was or is in Canada? I can't imagine it without the caffine!

-Avery
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Hey Avery, I think that Soda Pop Dreams article said that SURGE was never in Canada. It would still be good without caffine, but I need to feed my rush!

Hi guys - Karks88 is right about the Soda Pop Dreams article. Surge was never produced in Canada (although we did just get Mello Yello a few weeks ago).

Blair.
    Visit Soda Pop Dreams Magazine for great soda pop info, collecting stuff and more! <a href=\"http://www.sodapopdreams.org\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sodapopdreams.org</a>

Poor guys, say can i get a scan or something of that SURGE article I want to show all my buddies so they believe me Thanks for the heads up!

-Avery
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Sorry, no Surge ever got passed the border. Surge is like the American Olympic hockey team, so close but yet so far away. We have enough problems with products going out of date we don't need another one!

: ) Just kidding guys! I really liked the ads they had to launch the product at the Super Bowl. I remember my cousin who worked in the US for Pepsi at the time said that they had banners all over the plant saying "NO Surge on my route!" I guess Pepsi flooded the market with $ and Dew to kill Surge. If I recall Surge's total volume = Mt Dew's volume increase for that year. I guess it worked.

Mello Yellow sneaked by, but from the looks of things it won't be here for long... no POS, no special intro price and only one facing at the bottom of the Coke cooler in the 4 stores I saw it in. That is just sad, it's not that bad product it looks great and has some history (I still think the graphics are a knock off of Dew). The taste is fine but it seems to leave you bloated after a few sips. To much carbonation? Maybe it's the sugar content?

I knew there was something I liked about those Canucks!

ACTUALLY, we did have Surge in the mid-90s for only a couple years. I honestly liked the taste of Surge much more than Mello Yello, which we've had since I believe either 1997 or 1998.