Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

forget lemon and lime... why not flavor coke with something that would actually compliment the flavors already there?

my vote goes to a caramel flavored coke. i think it's a flavor profile that would work even better than cherry or vanilla.

your thoughts...
    banned

Mr Popologist,
    IMO...I would love to see coke try caramel favored coke. A nice smooth carmel (a mellow carmel apple taste???) with good carbonation. Man that would be a nice change and taste.

Great idea MrP. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I think itÂ’s a good idea.
    I tried to imagine what it would taste like and the taste buds in my mind seemed to make my mouth water.
    The reality of the drink could well be different then the flavor in my mind.

Hmmmmm, now there's a concept that I've never really thought of. But the more I think about it, the more I think it'd taste outstanding! I could be way off base in guessing that, but I doubt it. The Doomite Is Out!
    The Doomite\'s top 3 Beverages: 1. Jones Cream Soda/Sam\'s Choice Red Tornado, 2. Big Red Soda, and 3. Henry Weinhard\'s Root Beer!

I would wager that there is already an element of caramel flavor in Coke's syrup formula.

DJHS
    I would wager that there is already an element of caramel flavor in Coke's syrup formula
    Maybe you are referring the carmel color ingredient? I would bet you two peanut coated Kraft Carmel Apples that there is not element of a caramel flavor in Coke'syrup formula.

My guess is some variation of burnt vanilla beans.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Chocolate COke first.

If it's the same caramel of the Snickers bar and the Popcorn... I would buy it

Carmel coke would be great, along with a Chocolate Coke.

I have a ton of Carmel syrup, I'm going to try and mix it, I doubt it'd be good but I'll try anyway.

I tried mixing carmel syrup with soda, Pepsi because I had no coke.

OK, I didn't have any coke, I swore my mom bought some... So I had some Pepsi, completely different I know but this thread inspired me. So I put some syrup in a cup, poured some pepsi in, then when I started to mix them, it bubbled up, then there was a nice amount of foam. Took a sip and it was kind of funny at first, but it got better from there and left a nice aftertaste.

I'm going to buy a Coke tommorow and give it a shot then.