Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My local Wal-Mart just got Pibb Zero in 50 cent sample bottles today. Thought I try one on ice...yuck!

Coke tried to make Pibb Zero sweeter and stronger tasting than Diet DP, so they cranked up the Aspertame/Ace-K blend full bore. The strong taste just didnt work. Pibb Zero has that old school diet soda aftertaste that hangs around inside your mouth until you drink something else. A really bitter taste and not nearly as sweet as Diet Dr Pepper.

Pibb's always been a cheap knockoff of DP to keep Cadbury/Schweppes from getting a piece of Coke's soda machine and fountain sales, and this is no exception.

I was hoping Coke was going to score another home run like Coke Zero but they struck out. Wal-Mart's Diet Dr Thunder tastes better than this toxic waste, and a big liter of Thunder costs the same as this sample bottle!

[ 07-22-2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

ramonazo Guest

What a ZERO fever!

**** MAN

PIBB ZERO???

oh man, i cant wait

i loved me some pibb back in the day, to have a mr. pibb/pibb xtra diet version, which i've never been able to try, would be great..

any idea if this will hit chicago?

any pics?

I mean I'll try it since I like Pibb Xtra so much (I have soda pals that resent me for this), but I'll probably stick to my Pibb Xtra and skip the diet after the first few tries (I try to give every new soda 3 tries)
    Anita

I need fresh batteries for my camera so a label scan had to do. Its a really cheap looking label, terrible design. Looks like a Jr. High Art department did it.

[ 07-22-2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

cheap label

hopefully its good like coke zero

i cant wait to try it

Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
    cheap label
    Pibb Xtra has the worst label out there now. I told a friend last night that I think that Pibb Xtra would sell if they'd change the label. (I know it would REALLY sell if they brought back the old formula and the old name though, but we're probably never going to see that...)

Bring back that put it in your head guy! He looks like the little guy from the Reach toothbrush ads.

[ 07-22-2005, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: TheConnieVandelayShow ]
    Anita

i like the label, resembles Pibb Xtra, Coke Zero has a cheap label in my opinion.

ramonazo Guest

I guess that this product won't be distributed in the areas where Coca-Cola distributes Dr. Pepper, Right?

well coke has pibb xtra here in chicago

yet no diet pibb

didnt see pibb zero tonight when i went out, hopefully i will though, i can almost guarantee a 12pack a week i'd be buying if it was out here..