Bevboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: returnables?

Does anywhere else in this whole great nation besides my local Catawissa Bottling Company still bottle soda in glass returnable bottles? I know basically every other country in the world uses returnables but the U.S. and I also know Coke and Pepsi don't use returnables anymore either.

First off, I do, Shibby Soda is all glass, nothing but glass. And anyone in the Quebec or Richmond Area can drop their glass bottles off for .20USD a bottle...Secondly, Barqs,Sprite,Faygo are some who still bottle in glass in the US. Sorry I don't have any pics of my stash handy...
    Tea Time! It\'s Tea time....<br /><br />Carbonated Tea.

There are a few others. I'm thinking a bottler in Winona, Minnesota still does. They've been discussed on the board before.

I beleive there is a Double COla bottle in either Kentucky or Tennessee that still uses returnables. Dublin Dr.Pepper also still uses them to an extent. But why use bottles when there are so many nice aluminum cans available!?
    THUS SAITH THE KANKING: If it's not in an Aluminum can, It should go in the garbage can!

I think that the great Catawissa Bottling Company still makes Double Cola in 16 ounce glass returnables, or did as of a year ago.

And yes, they are still making their 12 ounce "Big Ben" soda in returnables. Just got a couple cases from a distributor in Manheim PA.

They re-use old bottles from many long-gone soda bottlers and slap a paper label on top.
    Jim Fortney

Also still do the 32oz returnables using old bottles with Big Ben labels slapped on.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Celo Bottling in Sauk City Wisconsin does Sundrop and their own flavors and Twigs Beverages in Shawano Wisconsin also does Sundrop, 76 lemon lime and their own flavors in returnable 12 and 16 ounce bottles. And yes the Coca Cola bottler in Winona still bottles in returnables.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

These bottlers in Wisconsin, how are they distributed? Do you have to buy direct from the bottler or can you find the returnables in area stores?

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Sorry I do not know for sure, I purchase from the bottlers direct and did not enter any stores in the area. Although the Celo bottling company did mention he had a distributor which leads me to believe they are available somewhere other than the bottling company.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

Two years ago Albertsons had returnable Pepsi in their Ad. God that is the best tasting soda in those glass bottles. From what I understand they use Pure Cane Sugar for those bottles.

You can actually still buy them in Mexican C-Stores.