Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I should have born in the 1920's.
    From watching the 3 Stooges and old black and white movies, it seems seltzer water was used for nearly all drinks and libations.

I am a carbonated water(seltzer)freak. The problem is that in my neck of the woods, seltzer water is sold at a premium. The cheapest 12 packs sell for around $4.99. Being a penny pincher,I will not pay more than a dollar for a six pack. That means (I do not buy 2 ltrs, the fizz factor. LOL) I am forced to go with out my fix for weeks or so.

Today at a Safeway store I found a nice case for $3.33. Boy what a happy camper that made me.

What is your price point that prevents you from buying a soda pop or energy drink?

[ 07-26-2005, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

No price is too high for me.

ramonazo Guest

Between 5 and 7 pesos for a 600 ml bottle (.50 and .70 cents), obviously for sodas in U.S., a dollar plus tax

Plain Seltzer/Soda water prices are too high for what they are, IMHO.

I try sodas once ignoring the price. After that, I don't like going above $1.50 a bottle, or $1.00 a can.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

I'll amend my statement to something more similar to that of Hacksaw.

I'll pack 5 bucks for a drink just to try it.

But after that, if it's not competitively priced, then I pretty much won't buy it again, unless I really love it.

Bawls is an example of a drink that I really like, but it's just a little too expensive where I live.

SEV

I usually stop at $3.00 for a 12-pk of cans. Most 20oz. bottles around here are $1.19 BEFORE tax, so I only get those if I'm about to die of thirst...BUT I've been known to pay $1.50 for a 16oz Mistic.
    Keep me posted about any Sparkling MISTICs!!!

10oz Bawls is currently 99ยข at Royal Farms stores... though they are mainly in the Baltimore area, with stores in eastern MD, eastern shore, southern Delaware, and I believe the eastern part of Virginia north of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

Here, Bawls is about $2.49, which is stupid.

And it's the same in DC. So I rarely drink any.

SEV

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I will pay what a thing costs to try it one time. After that I won't buy it if it costs too much.

Usually if i'm trying something for the first time i tend not to spend to much. If it's something i really like, it kind of depends what the money situation is, but never over 1.50 for a 20oz, or over 4.00 for a 12 pack.