Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It is nice to see Cheerwine being produced in the original 12oz trademark bottles with real cane sugar. The product I purchased was produced by Dr Pepper West Jefferson. It is much better with cane sugar.

Do the bottles actually say 'Cane Sugar' or do they say "High-Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar"?

On the ACL(Painted Label) "Real Cane Sugar", on the cap "Sugar"

I had 12 bottles arrive Monday from Beverages Direct($16.99 + $4.00 shipping) and they are as bigrich describes. Mine were bottled by Cheerwine not West Jefferson.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

They are beautiful and all of the production is from West Jefferson. great people that make even better products. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I believe WJ Dr P is producing the bottles for all of Cheerwine. It does not state it on the cap but does have the WJ coding printed on the glass. WJ also produces Red Rock in glass, with only the code to identify where it came from.

My Cheerwine distributor in Salisbury NC tells me that their 12oz Cheerwine glass bottles (cane sugar) come from Independent Beverage in Charlotte NC. [update: not produced by Ind. Bev., but they distribute WJ produced Cheerwine.]

bigrich, those red rock bottles are tricky, aren't they? even though they say produced by Clayton Dist. in GA, you're exactly right the bottler code is WJ. Do you know which other bottlers besides Clayton and WJ are making red rock?

On the way back from Tennessee I stopped in West Jefferson to visit our beloved factory. I picked up 3 mixed cases of longnecks, mostly for Christmas stocking stuffers (oh who am I kidding I will keep this stuff hidden until I drink every last bit of it…)

Here’s what they’re making:

From left to right
    Dr Pepper, diet Dr Pepper
    Mountain Dew, diet Mountain Dew
    RC cola
    A&W root beer
    Sundrop
    7up
    Cheerwine
    Nehi grape
    Nehi orange
    Nehi peach
    Cool Mountain (strawberry, black cherry & blue razzberry-shown, green apple, root beer, orange, grape, cream soda, pineapple, lemonade, lime, peach and mango.)
    Red Rock Cola
    Red Rock Golden Ginger Ale
    Crush Orange
    Welch's Grape
    Sunkist Orange
    Pangleheimers (blush & ginger ale-shown, muscatel)

Would love to see them add A&W cream soda or Canada Dry to the lineup.

[ 04-19-2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Red Rock is another of those bottled products I found in glass in 2001 but after that could only find in plastic and only the non cola flavors.
    Cheer-wined, West Jefferson does not seem to be more than an hour from Mt.Airy. Do they give tours or just sell product?
    Every time you post I have to think about making changes to my 2004 Florida trip [img]smile.gif[/img]
    By the way, I have mentioned this before but when I did buy some WJ Dr Pepper it had a taste different from Dr Pepper I usually buy and different from the Dr Pep I found in 8oz glass near Rockingham, NC in 01

[ 11-28-2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

It's good to see they have improved the logo on the A&W Root Beer bottles. Now if we can just get better availability here in Maryland!

the plant isn't set up for tours, but they do sell product by the case at the distribution center. The distribution center is on highway 163 just outside of town, the bottling plant is downtown on 3rd or 4th street.

From Mt. Airy it would take around 1:45 to get there.

BTW, if you decide to go, WJ also has the only cheese factory in NC, it ain't Wisconsin but still excellent quality.
    Yet another shameless plug for NC products.

[ 11-28-2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007