Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

These are not the big gulp from the fountain. They are there own line of bottled soda.
    1. Cola with Cane Sugar.
    2. Apple Ginger Snap
    3. Mint Lime Twist
    They are actually all pretty good. At least I like them. Big wide caps on 20 oz. bottles to.

[ 07-28-2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

All three bottles appear to still have the seal intact. why does the bottle in the middle have less liquid?
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I was drinking that one.

ramonazo Guest

wow, I only knew that Big Gulp were soda glasses. BTW, that cap looks huge for a 20 oz. bottle. Seeing the bottles with big caps in a picture looks like a 12 oz. bottle

[ 07-28-2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

cant wait to try these..

unfortunately cant make it a regular thing as i only drink diet.. but that mint lime sounds delicious..

Thanks BottleBoss.

I've been hearing you guys talking about these but didn't know what the heck they were!

SEV

It sure does look to be intact, usually the ring will drop enough to tell it has been opened. are the sodas any good?
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Venting!!!!!

The soda pop industry is so goofy.
    The big three soda pop players roll out new products like a bunch of mutant cockroaches.

There is no rhyme or reason. Some area's get the roll outs some don't. It gets irritating that Big Gulp soda pop gets sold in one area and yet not in others. Hello, this is 2005. We soda pop freaks chat on message boards and send cool pictures. Don't give me this cr@p about test markets. That's BS. A small panel of our board experts could give the big three a pretty solid up or down vote on what new products will sell well.

I'm beginning to think the big three are just playing games with their customers.

Venting over. I'm waiting for a fresh 12 pack of Welsh Grape soda to cool off. LOL I might have to pour it over some ice and drink some now.

[ 07-29-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

The big three soda pop players roll out new products like a bunch of mutant cockroaches.
    This phrase is equally confusing as it is amusing.

But Zabe, I agree with you that regional distribution is irritating.(I pray every night for Vault to get here), but I think the big bottlers were scared sh!tless at what happened with New Coke, so they narrowly distribute new, edgy products, so that maybe there will only be a regional backlash, and not a national one(especially for products like Vault, which is rumored to replace Mello Yello).

ramonazo Guest

True, It's not good that the soda companies (Coca-Cola specially) are testing first in some cities, and after a lot of months arrives to the rest of the country, Since 1994, Coca-Cola made test market with almost all the products. (Fresca, Lift, Delaware Punch, Ciel, Senzao, Powerade, Ciel mineral, Nestea, Quatro (RIP), Coca-Cola vainilla (RIP) and Disney Aventuras (RIP)) In the case of Powerade, first was launched in July 2001 in Mexico City, Leon, Morelia, Puebla and Veracruz; Powerade finally came to my city in December 2002... I had to wait almost ONE YEAR AND A HALF for Powerade!!

The only two brands distributed nationally when they were launched were Beat (RIP) and Coca-Cola Citra.

But, in the other hand, I see that the testing it's important because you can see if a new product will be a success or a fail, and if it's a success It can be distributed regionally, but it the product fails in the testing, companies save millions of dollars on distribution, advertising, bottles and caps that would be used for an unsuccesful product.

[ 07-29-2005, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]