Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can someone help with these plant codes (all are 12oz cans):

VS - found on a Sunkist grape in east TN, produced by Pepsi
    PG - found on Pepsi products in SW VA

PS, GC - most of our local Pepsi products come from Pepsi Bottling ventures in Raleigh. I have seen their products with either of these codes. Does a single manufacturing location sometimes have multiple codes?

Also does anyone know how to decipher the codes from All-American Bottling Corp.?
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

All-American codes I know: Oklahoma City: A, Louisville: B.

thanks, that's a start - I've seen four different codes so far, H and G on longnecks, B and K on cans. Anyone else?

In this area, most Pepsi carries these four codes-

BE - Baltimore, MD
    LE - Unsure, possibly Lancaster, PA?
    QE - Wilmington, Delaware (my guess)
    SY - Salisbury, MD

Maybe VS is Valdosta, GA?

I don't think one plant has more than one code, but often a code has nothing to do with the town the plant is in.. Example, CCBCC's Charlotte plant code is SY, because the plant is named Snyder.

RC Winchester product carries the code EB, from what I have seen.

SY is Charlotte, not Salisbury, right?
    Here's an example of what we have:

Sierra Mist, 12oz can, "PREPARED BY PEPSI BOTTLING VENTURES, RALEIGH NC", code PS

MD Code Red, 12oz can, "PREPARED BY PEPSI BOTTLING VENTURES, RALEIGH N.C.",code GC

So if they're both prepared by PBV Raleigh how are the codes different? Am I missing something here?

I've been wondering where LE is, that and BE are around here.

I think Pepsi produces product in Johnstown, PA, but I'm unsure of their code.

Originally posted by Cheer-wined:
    SY is Charlotte, not Salisbury, right?
    Here's an example of what we have:

Sierra Mist, 12oz can, "PREPARED BY PEPSI BOTTLING VENTURES, RALEIGH NC", code PS

MD Code Red, 12oz can, "PREPARED BY PEPSI BOTTLING VENTURES, RALEIGH N.C.",code GC

So if they're both prepared by PBV Raleigh how are the codes different? Am I missing something here?
    Generally speaking, most decent sized bottling works have several plants that run different things.

For example, Coke has this tendency to pull products from multiple plants, simply due to the volume and number of products they run.

In Kansas City, its possible to see products with codes WI, LX, and SL (WI is Wichita, LX Lenexa, and SL St Louis), simply becuase a given plant can't run everything a local bottler may sell in a given market.

In Springfield, Ed Rice runs plant OZ (Ozarks Coke), but sources product he does not run from LX/WI, SL, or even WM (Memphis) and OC/EE (Coca Cola Great Plains)

So, a bottler may say a given name but run things at different plants simply because they want to shift the load (and its also possible that in a given market doesn't even sell the product it makes...OZ, for example, runs and sells Pibb Xtra in markets outside of Springfield, but not territory they own themselves)

Terry, so do I understand correctly - generally speaking, the "produced by..." verbage found on the can/bottle is not necessarily accurate i.e. it may produced at another location?

With the example stated above this would make sense, because PBV has a smaller plant in Winston-Salem as well, maybe one of the codes is Winston-Salem and one is Raleigh.

I really wish someone would just put together a website that lists all the different bottler codes and how to read the date codes for bottlers that don't use expiration dates.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

The SY for Salisbury I mentioned was a Pepsi code, sorry for the confusion.

Pepsi Bottling Ventures is the creation of a merger between PepCom (owned by Suntory, a Japanese beverage company) and five smaller PepsiCo owned facilities (pre PBG). Their HQ may be in Raleigh, but they also have territory in New York (Long Island), Virginia, and South Carolina.

They have a large production facility in Garner, NC, which produces bottles, cans, bag in box, Aquafina, and pre-mix. They also used to have one in Rocky Mount, which was destroyed in hurricane Floyd. Another facility is in Winston-Salem, NC.

That's what i've found in my online research so far.