Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Anyone have any information on this stuff?
    I saw the logo on here or at Salute To Soda's forums.. looked interesting..

will they be keeping around tropical sprite remix too? will this now be 3 versions of sprite on the shelves?

i personally hate regular sprite.. would much rather have 7up/sierra mist... but i *love* tropical sprite remix..

this berry clear stuff sounds interesting.. but i doubt i'll like it as much as tropical, nor do i think it will sell as well.

Tropical will be replaced by Berryclear in April. In February and March, you'll see flavor shot packs in grape, cherry, and berry -- for 20oz bottles, so I assume this will be a promotion for convenience stores and gas stations.

I can't say that I really care for Tropical. I won't be sad to see it go.

Ever try a cherry Sprite? They're pretty good. I added a few teaspoons of Torani cherry syrup to my Sprite.

How does the Berryclear taste.. or any idea of what it tastes like?

I dont understand the backlash from some people on these boards about Tropical Sprite.. Its so TASTY.. How does it sell?

I will have to stock up on some Tropical Sprite, will it ever come back, or once BerryClear is here, Tropical inventories will be cleared and never again will we see it?

I have been looking for those flavor shots.. I only see chocolate/cherry if you buy a coke 20oz at 1 gas station near me.. but never the tropical flavor shot for sprite or the other flavors.

So no news on this stuff?

I will definately be stocking up on Tropical if it is going to be done with in April.

No new news. We really don't start hearing a lot about new stuff until a month or so until the launch. That's when we start to get the new signage, static clings, coolers, coupons, and whatnot.

I wouldn't start stocking up just yet -- wait until at least February or March. That way you can get at least 2-3 more months of life out of any cans you buy. Plus, not all areas of the country will be lauching the new flavor all at once, there are going to be places with extra concentrate that they'll have to use up first.

Someone on Terry's board mentioned that the flavor shots were in their college cafeteria, and I assume this was a test-market kind of deal to see how they would do.

Tropical is a slow mover, in my opinion. The dates are often a good 3-4 weeks behind other products. Not a big deal with cans, but it does matter with PET.

Also, Coke created and authorized in the stores a 16.9oz 6 pack version of Remix, but it never hit the streets (in this area, anyway). The dates are only about 9 weeks for 16.9, so I guess they figured it would run out of date, or something.

[ 12-16-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

damn, didnt know tropical was a slow mover.. thats too bad, the stuff is great.

this berryclear i am sure will be interesting, however..

Also, keep in mind that I'm the only one who has any type of info on this new flavor, and I'm just a small fish in a big pond. I'm sure we'll hear more as other people in the Coke system and other beverage people get word on this new flavor.

We often have these wall posters and pamphlets that show what is going to be happening for the next quarter, year, half-year, or whatever. But they are often vague and are subject to change. I've seen on more than one occasion that we've abandoned doing something that was supposed to happen, or pushed something else back.

We're still waiting for Dasani Fridge Packs, they were supposed to be out probably 3-4 months ago. Latest news is after Jan 1st.

Sprite graphics were also scheduled to be updated in the Fall of 2003 (I've mentioned that before on this board, somewhere). Now it looks like some packages will change sometime in January-April 2004 (20oz, 1L, and cans), and the rest (2L, plus various boxes like 12pk, 24pk)will follow by summer.

What's weird is Dasani FP's are in Hagerstown, but not up here in Cumberland. Never figured that one out yet.

I expect some bottlers may keep Tropical, as some kept around Surge longer for example.

We received an advance shipment of the berryclear flavor shot packs at our office this week, and I added one to a Sprite 20oz today (other guys just chugged their pack, which seems quite odd to me). It's got a blue raspberry-ish taste. Not too bad.

When will those Berry Clear shot packets be hitting market? where can you find cokes "flavor rage" packets these days?

i only found 1 gas station to ever have the chocolate flavor rage packets, and they dont do it anymore.