Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ramonazo Guest

Today I saw the Coke news on Google news and I found two bad news about Coke today, one is that in Mexico Coca-Cola will have to pay a 570 million pesos fine to the Federal Competition Commission in Mexico because this commission found monopoly practices by Coca-Cola in order to only offer Coke in grocery stores instead of Pepsi and Big Cola products, and the other one is that according to a Morgan-Stanley analyst, Bill Pecoriello, in an interview in Wall Street Journal Americas, Coca-Cola Zero isn't selling well and it only had 0.8% of sales since its launching, and he said that the sales are dissapointing, ha assures that maybe this is because the people is confused with Coke zero, some thought that was the one with Splenda, some thought it was C2 but with a new name, and some thought that it has no caffeine.

WHAT A SAD MONDAY FOR COKE FANS!

[ 08-15-2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

It does appear the clowns who manage Coca Cola's national marketing for it's Diet/Low Carb Coke brands are not very sharp. The whole idea of launching new products is to educate the consumers on the new or improved qualities of said products.

How many of us posted on this board the utter confusion at the store level for the Diet Coke Splenda and Coke Zero roll outs. This is so simple. The POP materials were weak at best. The grocery stores are the gateway to any food or drink launch. I find it amazing that Coca Cola could drop the ball in such a big way.

I will stop venting and watch the Chill add for a taste of ambiguity.

Zabe

[ 08-15-2005, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

well they better not screw up the ads for coke zero; if they take that off the market ill go crazy..

to tell you teh truth; i think i've drank too much of it.. i still loove it and its the soda I buy the most; but i like pepsi one just as much.. pepsi one tastes more like a regular soda than coke zero, and its got a great sweet kick to it..

but still, coke zero is amazing..

0.8% market share for a new launch is something that nothing else could posibably deliver. Well on its was to being a successful niche product, which is what KO wanted.

Well the hype everyone made about Coke Zero actually made me not like it even more. Although I have to agree Coke did not do a good job with ads for this beverage either.

Also the packaging looks too cheap with all that plain black and white. That would have worked in the 90's but it is kind of old now.

I heard Mc Donalds will offer this product in fountain.

Originally posted by XLS_04:
    Well the hype everyone made about Coke Zero actually made me not like it even more.
    Yeah, after the hype died down I was able to enjoy it.
    Anita

thumbs up for bad coke news
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

ramonazo Guest

No, man

I wish I was in charge of Coke's promoting. I would get things done right. They don't need to advertise Coke. Or Sprite. The need to advertise Mello Yello!

[ 08-18-2005, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]
    Mello Yello Fans, visit my Forum: <a href=\"http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html</a>

Poorly advertised Coke products:

Pibb Xtra ('guess because its a regional thing)
    Fanta (those fanta girls ads are horrible)
    Fresca
    Mello Yello
    Anita