Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About 2 months ago, our local stores began getting in cardboard boxes that held 4 2-liters Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Dr. Pepper. Only one flavor per box. Interesting packaging. I got a Sprite one and a Diet Coke one, then they almost vanished over night. I never did get a Coke and Dr. Pepper one. Do you guys have them? Know what I'm talking about? I'll snap a pic if you need one. So, I'm looking.....

ramonazo Guest

Here in Mex. is not common, but sometimes there's a sale where they offer 4 2 liter Coca-Cola bottles but they're not in a box, they're wrapped in plastic, last december was on sale a 4 pack that consisted in 4 2-L bottles: 2 2-liter bottles of Coke, one of Fresca and one of Ciel Mineralizada (for parties) and now there's a 4 pack of 1 liter Coke bottles in Bodega Comercial Mexicana.

[ 08-25-2005, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Yeah I remember seeing those at Walmart, I never bought one cus I'm not much into 2 liters but it looked cool
    my favorite drinks---<br />bawls, stewart\'s key lime soda, barq\'s root beer, Vault and Surge

I've never heard of such a thing
    I Love Soda!

I have not seen these either at least in the traditional grocery stores.

It sounds like Sams,Costco and the Walmart kinds of retailers might have them?

Yea, our wal-mart did have them, along with every grocery store in town. Then, they just vanished. I've attempted to get an answer from my local coke plant but got transferred several times and someone was supposed to call back that hasn't yet. So, apparently they don't know the availability of them. I'll get a couple pictures this weekend so everyone can see what I'm talking about.

I have seen these at CCBCC supplied Sam's Clubs. Never in general grocery stores.

I've seen at BJ's Wholesale Club (CCE territory) four 2l bottles of the same drink (Coke, diet Coke) held together with a plastic holder like those used for 6 16 oz glass bottles in the past. Pepsi has them too, with Pepsi marked shink wrap around the 4 bottles.
    Drink responsibly....drink soda!

I saw them at BJ's here in Delaware, sourced from CCBCC, distributed by Philadelphia Coke.

CCE used to use a plastic hi-cone to hold four bottles together, now they use black handles that look like a big I -- similar to the ones the juice companies have been using for wholesale clubs to hold two bottles of juice together - except that these handles hold four 2 liters together.

Apparently CCE also has 32 packs of cans in BJ's -- but I haven't been to a BJ's down that way in a long time.

Never seen a 2L 4-pack around here.

Let's see, 8 liters, that's just under the weight of a 24pack, so if they have a decent handle on them I guess that wouldn't be too hard to carry around.

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!