Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was surfing the web and came across a California retailer that used to carry WJ RC, but can't anymore due to Proposition 65. What is so harmful in it?
    Is all RC banned?

Maybe its a certain type of formula. Prop 65 involved the ban of chemicals and substances that cause birth defects, cause cancer, reproductive harm, etc. I don't know why RC cola would be affected, but maybe its a particular formula of it that had a problem. RC cola is around in California...

The RC in the link you provided showed it made with cane sugar and in a glass bottle. Maybe that particular type had a problem.

Here's the info I found on Prop 65...
    http://www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html

[ 07-28-2006, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

I think it may have to do with the Benzene level in the water where the product is produced. If it is higher than 1ppb it may be restricted

It was the paint on the bottles. The state of CA has sued coke, pepsi and anyone with some certain paint on. Must have warning on lable.

i remember seeing on a mythbusters episode where they were trying to find out what kinds of foods make more farts, but anyways, when they were shopping for the food, they picked up alot of rc in glass, and that was in california, the bay area to be exact. but that was a few years ago...

Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
    i remember seeing on a mythbusters episode where they were trying to find out what kinds of foods make more farts, but anyways, when they were shopping for the food, they picked up alot of rc in glass, and that was in california, the bay area to be exact. but that was a few years ago...
    Odd I was watching that last week! but I didn't pay attention to that.

While we are on the subject of disappearing sodas, what happened to BeveragesDirect's West Jefferson line?

The mother soda companies cracked down and busted WJ for shipping out of their area. All of the "out of area" vendors are hurting.

Hmmm So DPSU cracked the whip? Would you happen to know if there are other ramifications of this decision? Like maybe, oh, limiting purchases at the WJ warehouse?

I apologize if all of this has been discussed. If it was, I missed it.

By what I understand, it was just that they were shipping out of their area. I don't know if it was DPSU or some other company (Pepsico?). I bet someone in WJ could make a mint by renting a U-Haul, buying pallets of drinks and then taking them to a trucking terminal to ship them to these retailers.