Bevboard

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CCE Plant Codes

fusion, do you know if the CCE in that upper northeast bit of NC has anything outside of standard Coke products? PBV has an office in Eliz. City too and I think they do DP there.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

I've never actually been to their territory, but that office is in the Mid-Atlantic division, which is the same division I work in, so I suspect there isn't much variance in their product offering.

The only difference I noticed from the northern sales centers in the division and the southern sales centers was that you could find Northern Neck in the south, but not the north.

I do know that someone approached me a few months ago and said they were from NC, but couldn't find Nestea sweet tea near where they lived (CCBCC territory). I suggested they head up to Elizabeth City, since I was pretty sure that they had it there.

You might also find the MM smoothies in that area, if they aren't near where you are. Diet Coke with Lime should be there in 10 days or so as well.

Mid-Atlantic Division is a "merger" of the old Capitol and Commonwealth divisions. Commonwealth was the VA and NC territories, and Capitol was the MD/DC/DE/PA territories. They eliminated one division when Herbco was bought out, and the PA territories in the old Capitol division (Harrisburg/Lancaster/Sunbury) were moved to the Eastern Great Lakes division to join up with the Herbco, Cameron and I think one other small PA bottler's teritory that was acquired. The old Ohio division (or maybe it was Ohio/Kentucky, I'm not sure) was eliminated, and the EGL division was created, and so was the Tri-State division. A small bit of territory that was owned by CCBCC in Ohio and Kentucky joined these divisions as well.

That's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty close.

Another little curiosity about South Atlantic Canners is their plant code BB. The Kroger beverage plant in Bluefield VA, Bluefield Beverage, uses the same code on Big K and private labels they make. There's no connection between the two, just a coincidence.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

in michigan, we're getting nestea cool 2L from plant "TB"

anyone?

they come in a pepsi-style coca-cola enterprises red crate
    woot woot

oop, twinsburg ohio, nm. i wonder why we're getting stuff from there. (i'm in lansing, michigan)
    woot woot

Might be because it's a facility that's big but doesn't have a whole lot of room to send product. It's right outside Cleveland in the middle of ABARTA territory. It only serves Akron, Canton, Youngstown, Erie, and Pittsburgh. Move over in PA, and you'll find stuff coming from BT, SS, AX, etc., and down in Columbus, I believe that's CCE Tri-States, from CN and HO.

That's my thinking as well -- they have the production capacity to fill in the gaps when other areas need product. We were getting Nestea 2L from them as well for a short time. Lots of Dasani, too.

Heck, we even got a shipment of 16.9oz 12pk Dasani from Hollywood Florida a few weeks ago.

Interesting thing I noticed today is the facility code used for the Giant drinks is code CV. Kind of interesting that's also the code for Cleveland, TN. Wonder where it is?

Concordville, PA. Used to be Concord Beverages (and was owned by Honickman), now part of Cott. They have a sister plant in Elizabeth, NJ -- Code EL.

As for Giant's sodas, their SunPop Orange is pretty rotten for an orange soda I think, and the Quist Lemon-Lime is better than Sierra Mist, but still very much storebrand tasting. The Sterling Ginger Ale was OK for a Ginger Ale, but I'm not a big fan of GA's.

I was at a party and the most drinkable mixture was by far mixing all 3 together. The brown color it became was quite unappealing, but the taste was pretty good. I wonder if I started bottling it, and calling it "Trio", if it would go anywhere? I highly doubt it, but at least it would be original, a little OK-esque.