Bevboard

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CCE Plant Codes

Here is a link of a listing of coca-cola bottlers. a number of the phone numbers are out of date or different area codes and so forth but it's still useful. it doesn't separate between bottlers, distributors and cce versus indie's.

http://funlist.com/www/coke/lists/bottlers.html
    woot woot

i guess it was the KE plant in elmsford, new york that was producing the kosher for passover coke.
    woot woot

You are correct. I used to work for CCE New York, and that was one of our production facilities. I think they just make two liters. They supply sales centers in New York, New Jersey, and eastern Pennsylvania (old Herbco).

We are considering the 24.oz 6 packs due to consumer demand. Once the 24oz. 6 packs are available it will replace the previous sized 6 packs.

After my trip to WV last weekend, I came back with three new codes. I am not 100% certain of what the codes mean, hopefully others can help decipher them.

AF = Durham Coca-Cola, Durham, NC (small indie). Saw 16.9 6 packs of Mello Yello with this code.

EH = United Coca-Cola, Birmingham AL. Saw fruitopia with this code.

BC?? = Abarta. I saw Hires with this code, though the code was hard to read. It may have been another code alltogether. I'm guessing this is Buffalo?

Abarta in Buffalo has Hires? WOW....Interesting.

What does Durham Coca Cola have? I'm curious, figured that whole area was Consolidated.

What does the Central Coke Hagerstown facility produce? Being that I live an hour from Hagerstown, I've never seen anything Central Coke coming from Hagerstown.

The small amount of information on Durham Coke leads me to believe that they only have a small territory, perhaps a county or two, including the city of Durham. Who knows, maybe Consolidated bought them out? I know the two of them were fighting over another indie Coke bottler (Reidsville), and Consolidated won the court case.

CCE Mid-Atlantic has one office in North Carolina, in Elizabeth City. It's in the northeastern part of the state, near the coast.

If you look at their territory map, Consolidated controls all of NC except a swath down the middle (Durham) and part of the coast (CCE).

Hagerstown bottles two liters. HG is their code.
    Centrals get their cans from Mid-Atlantic Canners, and their 16.9s from CCE and Consolidated. (Richmond & Roanoke usually).

Buffalo was an assumption. I know the can was from Abarta, but the code was hard to read. Guess I should have grabbed a six pack.

[ 05-29-2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

i take it that abarta cans a lot of brands besides simply coke brands. in my area, the fourth tier (canada dry of east lansing) used to get it's canada dry one liters from abarta (they had those crazy one liter crates that have the dynamic ribbon, like the newer 20oz crates).

now all they get from abarta is tahitian treat 20oz, maybe a couple other kinds of 20oz. they were getting jolt that was made by either abarta or like "phills beverage" or something too, but i kinda think it's abarta.

they get one liters (tonic, diet tonic, tonic w lime and club) from american (and collins mix, one other one i can't remember) from pepsi in college point, new york.
    woot woot

Found HG 2 liter Vanilla Coke here myself in my house, just always thought HG was Hamburg I guess LOL.

That's probably Paul's Beverages, New Castle, PA (Pittsburgh area). I've seen their Jolt down this way as well.

HM is Hamburg. It's strictly a can facility that packs cans -- 6 packs, fridge packs, and cubes for Coke bottlers.

I know Central Coke (all facilities) and Northern Neck Coke both use them in this area. Abarta (Lehigh and Coatesville) used to use them somewhat, but not since Hamburg switched to Fridge Packs. Abarta runs those funky round-cornered 12 packs and 24 pack "suitcases" in the Lehigh Valley plant. Mixing those with Fridge Packs would look odd.

I look for Central to sell out eventually to CCE or Consolidated. Then I wonder if MAC will just shut down, since they won't have any other large customers in this area. Or maybe they will sell out to CCE. Who knows. The plant is smack dab in the middle of CCE territory.